Burberry Bag Owners: Are Burberry Bags made in China?

Hey americanroyal89 just a quick suggestion...pure suggestion, if you are playing to buy a bag from Burberry i would go see if Nordstrom carries it. I have bought a tote from the Burberry store and i started having issues with the bag and when i tried to return it, it was like pullin teeth (even with the original receipt, all tags, and w/in 14days). Lets just say i had to call the burberry headquarters SEVERAL times to get my money back. Best of luck!!!

really?! that stinks! thanks for the heads up. well im planning on calling the burberry store by me to see if they have it. ive never purchased burberry before so i kind of want my first purchase to come straight from the source you know.
plus, and i know this is a total newbie question, but if i order it from neiman marcus will it come in the burberry box and stuff? or will it come in the generic neiman marcus packaging

The Burberry shirt i recently bought in the Burberry in NYC is made in Thailand.
But then i don't notice any difference in quality.
China doesn't equal bad quality so i don't really care where it is from. :smile:

Hmmmmm...

I just purchased TWO Burberry bags a Buffalo Leather one, which said it was made in Turkey and another one, a quilted one made of lambskin that the cloth tags said in Burberry House with a London address...but then the next line said Burberry Brazil! That was on the quilted one. The Buffalo Leather bag just had stamped in gold letters MADE IN TURKEY. I purchased them both from Burberry.

I haven't taken any of the paper off of the handles or zippers or anything, and this thread, as well as other threads I've been reading is convincing me to take these bad boys BACK/Return them and get some nice bags made in Italy or France, the place of Origin (like London--since it's Burberry) or the good ole U.S. of A!!!! That's what I'm thinking. I really like the bags, but---Since I spent all this money, I want WHAT I want and I'm not settling for anything less! If they didn't cost an arm and a leg, I'd keep them.

Also, the receipt states that all of the tags and wrapping must be on them for return--it must be in new/resale-able condition--that they only accept returns 30 days for items and 14 days for sale items--perhaps that's why they gave someone a hard time--but that story of someone having to call Burberry to get their money back is/has also inspired me to take these bags back too!

Hi, has anyone bought a bag from usaburberryoutlet? is it a trusted site? I've been reading the postings and it seems as if burberry bags are made in China now. I'm wondering if they are authenic?

Yes, the Nova checks made in China now are definitely more of a flesh color, otherwise I think the quality is still great. Of course the difference between a fake and a Burberry made in China is that the Burberry bag is made under a Burberry license, same quality control etc. only Chinese people work on them. While I was disappointed first too I actually hate the idea of discriminating against Chinese or whatever other nationality people, they can do a great job too, the material is still the same quality. A bag made in France or Italy is not necessarily of better quality. I actually have a Burberry bag made in Italy too which is wonderful as well. I also have a made in Italy Furla which I have had a quality problem with whereas not with my Burberry Nova made in China.

Yes, the Nova checks made in China now are definitely more of a flesh color, otherwise I think the quality is still great. Of course the difference between a fake and a Burberry made in China is that the Burberry bag is made under a Burberry license, same quality control etc. only Chinese people work on them. While I was disappointed first too I actually hate the idea of discriminating against Chinese or whatever other nationality people, they can do a great job too, the material is still the same quality. A bag made in France or Italy is not necessarily of better quality. I actually have a Burberry bag made in Italy too which is wonderful as well. I also have a made in Italy Furla which I have had a quality problem with whereas not with my Burberry Nova made in China.

Very true. My Nova Check Tote is made in China and it is excellent quality :smile:

i went to burberry and loved a crossbody nova check, it was so cute and light weight
(im having problems carrying leather bags, they are so heavy and are giving me hard time) so i asked the salesman if its made in china he said no we stopped making bags in china but let me check for u, he looked inside at the tag and said im sorry its made in china!!i dint take it. but the thing is since he said we stopped making bags in china shows there is sthg wrong with bags made their.

Or maybe sales were down because people did not want to buy bags made in China but either way I am wondering if they really did stop because the seasonal items were mostly made in China. Maybe someone who works for Burberry can comment,.

I had inquired about this too to my SA at my local Burberry boutique. I was told that it depends on where they can get the best material where it is made. Yes, for a few years now the bags have been made in China and Italy.

I know someone that works in a specialty store that carries burberry and was told that their first burberry delivery of fall 2010 merchandise was from no less than 11 different countries. and not the glamorous ones.

As mentioned above, more important than the where is the quality control. If Burberry puts its name on it rest assured that its done to the highest specifications and you can and will enjoy it for a long time to come.

Make no mistake though, outsourcing to these countries is not going away. It's helps the bottom line of these companies which is what it's all about in the end.

I have a coat that was make in Poland, no problems with the quality. I think just because they've stopped making them in China didn't mean there was anything wrong with them, probably just because they'll move to where ever is best for them financially.

Also I know a girl that works for another luxury English brand and they regularly go and visit their manufacturing sites in India amongst other places to check the quality of samples garments, materials etc. so I think they must have to be of an equivalent standard.