Burberry 2014 Blanket Poncho - worth the investment?

jan70

O.G.
Nov 26, 2013
I like the look of the blanket poncho - v cool on Cara and Co on the runway and I'e sen it in the Bond Street window. Is this as desirable as the hype? The cost is steep for a wrap - what do you think/ This would be a first into Burberry for me :smile: Opinions appreciated

I like the look of the blanket poncho - v cool on Cara and Co on the runway and I'e sen it in the Bond Street window. Is this as desirable as the hype? The cost is steep for a wrap - what do you think/ This would be a first into Burberry for me :smile: Opinions appreciated

jan, I have 3 Burberry Trench coats and 3 Burberry coats. I LOVE them all so much. Only now, after purchasing what I already have, would I ever consider something like the poncho, for the price. IMO, it is not worth it. I would invest in a Trench or coat before I would this poncho. While it is a Burberry, it is very trendy and for the cost, a Trench or coat would be a wiser and better investment. However, the heart wants what the heart wants. So, if your heart is urging you to get the poncho, you only live once. Be happy, have fun. Good luck deciding!!

jan, I have 3 Burberry Trench coats and 3 Burberry coats. I LOVE them all so much. Only now, after purchasing what I already have, would I ever consider something like the poncho, for the price. IMO, it is not worth it. I would invest in a Trench or coat before I would this poncho. While it is a Burberry, it is very trendy and for the cost, a Trench or coat would be a wiser and better investment. However, the heart wants what the heart wants. So, if your heart is urging you to get the poncho, you only live once. Be happy, have fun. Good luck deciding!!

What Is difference trench and trench coat?
Do you mind to explain

What Is difference trench and trench coat?
Do you mind to explain

Apologies for the delay as I did not receive an alert that you had quoted me and I typically hang out in the Hermes thread. That said, when I wrote trench and coat, I only meant that Burberry not only produces lovely and classic trench coats but also traditional coats that are not trenches. I have coats that are made of Cashmere only, etc. They are wonderful too and are good investments. Hope that helps!

Agree with above, go for a trench coat first. That's more practical. A classic trench coat varies in price, but I'd say the London line is around $1000 on avg. Prices vary depending on fabric, style, and line (Brit, London, Prorsum).

The poncho is $1395 in the US.

If you are looking to purchase the poncho, particularly the color block poncho, they are sold out. You'll need to get yourself on a reserve list, and the list continue to grows longer as each day goes on.

If you want it monogrammed, that's a separate list. And is $300 additional.

IMO it's not worth it, I'm friends with a sa at the regent street store and he admitted himself he didn't like it. I would prefer a trench by far or some beautiful shoes, as the pricing is ridiculous as well.

I have been drooling over this poncho for the last 4 years and just scored it second hand. Im surprised nobdoy here liked it back then - I assume this was due to the hefty price, too... I am looking for fashion outfit inspiration, so if anyone on here owns this or has owned it (or any other poncho, really) please feel free to post advise! :smile: