Bunny Lovers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou for the PM Bella! Very helplful websites!

!

BTW, I do have another question, possibly a stupid one. Has anyone else's bunny changed behaviour after anasthetic or several stressful vet visits? She used to be the most sweet natured rabbit ever, always used litterbox etc. Since her surgery she's bit me properly once & nipped at me a few times and pooped all over me! She's never bit me before & only chewed on clothes as a baby! & she never poops out of her litter box! Maybe it's just because she's mad at me?!

NP about the sites :smile:

Have you had her spayed? That can make a HUGE difference in behavior!

The bunny "glamour" pictures are SO cute! Was it hard getting them to sit still for the pictures? I used to have a bunny growing up. They are definitely very cute and cuddly animals.

not too hard- they're kinda scared so they sit! New ones should be here tom.- I'll post their valentine's ones!!!!

PS- Sarafina is running the bunny 500 derby right now, LOL- anyone else's bunnies run laps around the place??? :P

I should probably say now that my bunny is actually a boy, but I can't get out of the habit of saying/typing she! So jsut excuse me when I do LOL. We didn't find out until (s)he was around a year old & it was just too easy to slip back into saying she! haha.

He isn't fixed yet, but only because he has never shown any signs of hormonal behaviour (he's now almost 2) & the vet we used to have really scared me off by telling me horror stories of bunnies & anasthetic (yes, nice vet!! Safe to say we have now got a different vet!!), so I was too scared to put him under for the proceudure & since he wasn't showing any signs of agression/hormonal behaviour & I'm not allowed another rabbit anyway I just left it at that.

But since he's had he's teeth done & been fine from the anasthetic I am seriously considering getting him done!

i would def. consider doing it. Bunnies can get aggressive the older they get if they are not fixed. Also it will seriously help stop any urine spraying or territorially pellet marking. Talk to your new vet- it's not a big procedure for rabbits- your vet can tell you if he's in good enough health to undergo it. Whatever you do- make sure only a bunny savvy vet does it. That being said, consider looking up low cost spay/neuter clinics in your area- they might be able to do it for your cheaper (best advice is calling a local shelter that deals with rabbits A LOT and ask where they get it done!)

:love::love::love::love:Oh my, isn't this thread filled with CUTENESS!! I just want to scoop all these little bunnies up in my arms and kiss them, they are so adorable! I love bunnies!
I don't own any bunnies, but I think my cat might have bunny ancestry.:P

I have a bunny Luigi that I bought Nov 2006 when my husband and I first moved to italy from the us. He is like my child. He has never been in a cage and in Italy he has his own huge room and we let him out with us all the time. I am back in the states for a while and staying with relatives and he must live in the bathroom now:tdown: since he would eat the carpet. I do let him run every day but I know he can't wait to get back home but he does love my relatives cats . He chases them around and marks them. He is so sweet to me he follows me around and gives me kisses and pouts and stomps if he is mad at me.

Here are a few pics of him. :heart:

MEANDLUIGI1.jpg

Picture091.jpg

luigi1-27015.jpg

luigi1-27004.jpg

I have a bunny Luigi that I bought Nov 2006 when my husband and I first moved to italy from the us. He is like my child. He has never been in a cage and in Italy he has his own huge room and we let him out with us all the time. I am back in the states for a while and staying with relatives and he must live in the bathroom now:tdown: since he would eat the carpet. I do let him run every day but I know he can't wait to get back home but he does love my relatives cats . He chases them around and marks them. He is so sweet to me he follows me around and gives me kisses and pouts and stomps if he is mad at me.

Here are a few pics of him. :heart:

MEANDLUIGI1.jpg

Picture091.jpg

luigi1-27015.jpg

luigi1-27004.jpg

OMG that last pic just made me die! SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!! My bunny does that sometimes but only on the floor and never long enough for me to snap a pic! I had 2 bunnies before him and none of them ever did that!

not too hard- they're kinda scared so they sit! New ones should be here tom.- I'll post their valentine's ones!!!!

PS- Sarafina is running the bunny 500 derby right now, LOL- anyone else's bunnies run laps around the place??? :P

Evander likes to run around late at night, it's hilarious because we'll be sleeping and all of a sudden there will be this ultra-fast pitter-patter across the floor!

OMG, your bunny is sooo cute! I love the Santa pic, hahaha.

I think I am definitely going to look into getting Honey fixed. I think I'll wait until my 2 week break from college though because then I can look after him.. and I'm going to move him into the house for a few days before surgery and for a week or two while he's recovering.. then hopefully my dad will of got so used to him being inside he can just live in permenantly! Even though the garage is nice & warm for him, you still have to go outside & open the huge door to access him, he must get so lonely out there! He comes in a lot during the day, but it's not the same as being constantly with people & having access to anywhere!

The Santa pic was at petsmart this Christmas. I went in to buy some hay and they put a flyer in the bag saying a rescue center was doing santa photos so I brought him in for that. He did not mind the reindeer ears... I was suprised.

I bought the stuffed bunnies at Kohls. They had them at Christmas and it was only like 5.00 for the big one and the baby. They may still have them. He loves stuffed animals. He will pick the baby up in his mouth run around with it and start honking whenever I come into his room. He cleans both of them , he sometimes drops them in the water bowl or litter box and occasionaly tries to do it with the big bunny lol.

Here are some videos I have of him on you tube... Yes I have to much free time lol. I have 4 videos of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKPsqZj4W3w

ItalianFashion: LOVE that your bunny has a stuffed bunny!!!! And I esp. love the Santa photos! Where'd you get those?!

Status
Not open for further replies.