Bunny Lovers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY! :yahoo: Thank you for starting this thread! I LOVE BUNNIES!!! :heart::heart: (As you can probably tell.) I'm usually in the LV forum but I have been wandering over to the CL shoes subforum too! My little angel's name is Evander Furryfield but I usually just call him Baby or Milky Boy. He's a white netherland dwarf with blue eyes! He runs around the house like a cat and he's litterbox trained and cuddles with me and my bf every day! Lately he's been coming up onto the bed to cuddle with me at night, but he always stays at the foot of the bed so I have to come over and cuddle with him. I love him soooo much and he's so spoiled that I'm afraid that if I get him a little friend, he will beat it up! One time I went to a bunny show and when I came home, he was all suspicious and sniffing me and then demanding my attention! It was so cute. I'm stupid and still can't figure out how to paste pics right onto the page so here is one that is small enough to attach. I have others that I want to share but can't figure out how to do it!!! Help!

Attachments

• bunny & zippy.jpg
    bunny & zippy.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 244
BTW Bella I would love to see their mansions! I think it's so cute your bf is a bunny lover too. When I first brought Evander home from the breeder (yes shoot me, he's a purebred that I drove over 7 hours there & back to get) my bf was like, "I don't know about that..." but now he loves him to pieces. The bunny will hop onto "his" couch (our loveseat), which is right beside my bf's couch and that is his signal that he wants my bf to lean over and kiss him! He can just sit and kiss and be petted for like an hour at a time. And he gets mad if we pet him "incorrectly", such as by looking away from him while petting him or not paying close enough attention to him or trying to do other things like read a book. It's so funny!

aww my little girl Sarafina is white with blue eyes too!!!! Mine are "sometimes" potty-trained....meaning they pee in the potty but not always poop! Share your potty training tips!!!!

For pictures you can click on the mountain looking icon at the top and paste in the pictures location i fit is already online (try a free image uploader like photobucket.com or flicker)

Mansion pictures are coming!! I would LOVE to see more pictures of everyone's bunny! We need to be more visible :smile: All those dog owners have a monopoly on this forum! :smile:

I also have lots of accessories for them....couture carries (I'll take a picture tom. after we come back from bunny spa day), potty's that have roofs and filters, hand painted bowls, little outfits....i love accessorizing them, lol.

this was the original condo. the top floor has now been made to wrap around and the middle floor has been extended around as well...I need to clean them tonite and I'll take new pictures. The second condo is identical!

MyPhotoOps299.jpg

I love bunnies! All the bunnies posted so far are toooo cute. I love that bunny condo too, I'm working on my dad to let me build one of those in my room. At the moment my bunny lives in the garage because my dad doesn't want her in the house. :sad: She comes in for a few hours every day to have a run around though.

Anyway, this is Honey! I call her a girl, but it's actually a little boy. We didn't find out he was a boy until he was like 1 yr old, so it's been hard to adjust to saying he! The vets & pet store both said it was a girl on several occasions, so I just took their word for it & when he's man parts arrived I just figured female rabbits must grow something there too, lmao. My friends still haven't let me live that one down. :roflmfao:

As a baby..
157ko4n.jpg

She's almost two now, and HUGE. This next picture is fairly recent but she's a LOT bigger than this picture shows. I think she weighs around 6lbs.
25a6fya.jpg

I should take a pic of my bunny's condo, it's pretty funny actually. My bf made it out of an old entertainment stand. The shelves were split to create ramps/levels. Somehow the bunny immediately knew the condo was for him! For Xmas I bought him a baby blanket and right away he also knew it was his and he sleeps on it!

I don't know if this was genetic or what, but he has always been really smart. With the toilet training, it started almost immediately. I bought him one of those round dog beds before I went to get him, then I lined it with puppy training pads (those absorbent blue pads) and right away, that bed became "his." He used to sleep in it and use it as a bathroom. Then I ended up putting puppy training pads around the apartment and I bought him a separate container to use as a litterbox. He didn't really use the pads - he seemed to know right away that the litterbox was his. Gradually he established 2 places as his toilet spots, so I put newspapers/hay/corn cob/litterbox in those 2 areas and he pretty much uses those exclusively. He is naughty sometimes and will poop outside his litterbox to let me know that his litterbox is getting too dirty and sometimes when he gets mad, he will do something really naughty like pee on a blanket, but 99% of the time he's really good.

I suggest laying down puppy training pads to determine where your bunny likes to go, then putting a litterbox near that spot. Bunnies like to go in the same place. Put hay, newspaper and appropriate litter in the box to keep him/her amused. Getting the rabbit fixed is also really helpful.

I do have a funny story though... once, a couple of years ago, my bf's teenage stepbrother came over to spend the night. He ended up sitting on the bunny's couch and accidentally fell asleep there. Well, the bunny ended up stealing his food, then pooping all over the room in protest! He was angry that a stranger was sleeping on his couch and hanging out in "his" house! That incident showed me that yes, bunnies know exactly what they are doing at all times - there are no accidents!

Jelly, your bunny is so adorable! How did you go about litterbox training him - was it hard? Does he have a cage or just run free through the house?

He's never had a cage, other than a hamper I used to put him in at night when he was really tiny and I used to put a couple of baby gates around him to keep him fenced in when I was going out. Now, he has free run of my apartment during the day while we're at work, other than the bedroom.

my bunnies are def. all fixed- they just protest when I'm gone and leave me little pellet surprises to come back to! ughhhh!!!! But i love them so much...evne when they chewed a hole in my LV globe!

omgblonde- your bunny is the cutest freakin thing ever! Def. convince your dad, it's much better for bunnies ot be i ndoors. Tell him you are goig to work on training her! :smile:

I can't wait to post our new bunny spa pics we got today!!!!

In the meantime, here's a funny link:http://www.planetx.org/~bunny/purity.html

my bunnies are def. all fixed- they just protest when I'm gone and leave me little pellet surprises to come back to! ughhhh!!!! But i love them so much...evne when they chewed a hole in my LV globe!

omgblonde- your bunny is the cutest freakin thing ever! Def. convince your dad, it's much better for bunnies ot be i ndoors. Tell him you are goig to work on training her! :smile:

I can't wait to post our new bunny spa pics we got today!!!!

In the meantime, here's a funny link:http://www.planetx.org/~bunny/purity.html

Ha ha Bella I'm a total bunny slave! The part about the organic gourmet veggies is SO me! He gets organic veggies every single day and if we want salad we have to "share" with him. He is so spoiled. He's mad at me right now because I washed his feet and under his tail - they were filthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.