Bunny lovers chat part 2!!!!

Well, Darwin is officially eating and drinking a little, and we know she's feeling better because she's currently moving all her dishes around. She shoves them all to one side and lays where they were, then moves them back again. Then she digs all the pellets out of the bowl and dumps the hay to eat the pieces at the bottom. This is her normal routine :lol:

nauticalstar said:
Well, Darwin is officially eating and drinking a little, and we know she's feeling better because she's currently moving all her dishes around. She shoves them all to one side and lays where they were, then moves them back again. Then she digs all the pellets out of the bowl and dumps the hay to eat the pieces at the bottom. This is her normal routine :lol:

Good to hear!

I just really offended Binky! He was waiting to be let out for his night time frolic in the garden. I grabbed him, and my daughter and I combed him with a large comb, then a finer one. We got a lot of fur off him and he will be much cooler. But he was really not happy with us & scuttled back into his rabbit hutch. A few minutes later, he was lying down on the dirt on his tummy relaxing. He let me walk up to him and pat him. Then he got up, went back to the rabbit hutch, on to his wooden deck and stamped. Luckily it was dark or I would have been subject to major rabbit disapproval!

So many cute new pictures!!:love:

Here's a recent one of my mum holding Bear, I can't believe how big he's gotten! haha.

fkpafm.jpg

omgblonde said:
So many cute new pictures!!:love:

Here's a recent one of my mum holding Bear, I can't believe how big he's gotten! haha.

He's looking great. What's his personality like?

Waffle65 said:
I can't believe it's taken me this long to find his thread. This is my baby Kiwi. He's going to be 5 in October.

such a cute bunny - great markings.

I got out the " metal barbecue mats" for the bunnies to lie on in the heat - barbecue mats is our nickname, for large aluminum plates that are flat or hollow & roll-up style. Binky was onto it in seconds. Then Momo was straight onto him and lying wedged against the side of the cage. She picks up the smaller of the mats and throws it around the enclosure. Sometimes she buries it: but she does stretch out on it.

I'm tempted to clip Binky. His fur is so long. They have built a tunnel, which they could go into, as it would definitely be cooler, but they like to stay at ground level. I am guessing the tunnel is only for breeding purposes. They work on the tunnel every morning, about 4:30 or so, as we can hear rocks and dirt flying around.

She's a Japanese mini-rabbit or mini-usagi, and only just started moulting. Right now, she has got the fur away from her eyes and cheeks, but has a Mohawk down the middle of her head.

How long would you ladies consider leaving your bunnies home alone for? I'm leaving town next Thursday morning and will be getting back Sunday afternoon. I can move his cage to the basement for those days so he won't get hot (the basement temp. is about 65 degrees), leave two water bottles for him, and of course lots of food. Do you think that he would be okay by himself? I'm not really sure what to do since I can't take him with me, and I don't know who to ask to come check on him for those days.

Beautiful baby pictures.

Our bunny was getting really obnoxious...dare I say that she was being jerky? Then I left her hutch (large dog travel carrier) open one extra hot night and didn't close it again, and she's been so much better with the ability to roam. After a few hours wandering the house (limited with closed doors), she just hangs out by her house. She's been such a good girl.

Oh, cute. Now she's playing with the new toy ds got her. She loves it...http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12261290 She has the golf ball.

Last edited:
How long would you ladies consider leaving your bunnies home alone for? I'm leaving town next Thursday morning and will be getting back Sunday afternoon. I can move his cage to the basement for those days so he won't get hot (the basement temp. is about 65 degrees), leave two water bottles for him, and of course lots of food. Do you think that he would be okay by himself? I'm not really sure what to do since I can't take him with me, and I don't know who to ask to come check on him for those days.

I'd say no. Isn't there anyone who could watch him for you?

Beautiful baby pictures.

Our bunny was getting really obnoxious...dare I say that she was being jerky? Then I left her hutch (large dog travel carrier) open one extra hot night and didn't close it again, and she's been so much better with the ability to roam. After a few hours wandering the house (limited with closed doors), she just hangs out by her house. She's been such a good girl.

Oh, cute. Now she's playing with the new toy ds got her. She loves it...http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12261290 She has the golf ball.

This is lovely to hear.

Our experience was like yours with the house. Binky usually stayed in my daughters room - sometimes he looked out the door at us. The only problem with indoor roaming is electric cables including phone lines. Binky had an obsession with seeking out electric cables, which is dangerous to the bunny and to you. Momo started eating the furniture though, which prompted my husband to build bunny world outside. Then we forgot to lock them in one night. Ours get to roam the garden at night from about Midnight to 7am. There are very few predators in our area.

Free time is fabulous for the bunny and fun to watch when they binky about going crazy. They always pooped in the cage, so we never had any problems in that aspect.

This is lovely to hear.

Our experience was like yours with the house. Binky usually stayed in my daughters room - sometimes he looked out the door at us. The only problem with indoor roaming is electric cables including phone lines. Binky had an obsession with seeking out electric cables, which is dangerous to the bunny and to you. Momo started eating the furniture though, which prompted my husband to build bunny world outside. Then we forgot to lock them in one night. Ours get to roam the garden at night from about Midnight to 7am. There are very few predators in our area.

Free time is fabulous for the bunny and fun to watch when they binky about going crazy. They always pooped in the cage, so we never had any problems in that aspect.

Ooo, the garden. How fun! We live in the woods with multiple predators but it's not been a problem this summer. She got loose one day and dug a bed next to a stump, under a wild rose bush, just out of reach, of course.

And don't they all love the cords? Ugh. Our girl usually gets out every day a bit, either in the house or in the toddler yard I kept from when the kids were little. But I'd been busy and not let her out in two days, and she got obnoxious. She really hates living outside. We have a fabulous outdoor hutch/play yard we tried last summer, and she got so crabby (lonely, I think), so she lives inside year round.

Waffle65 said:

I wouldn't leave him alone for that long. At least have someone to check on him every other day cauz you know, a waterbottle might break or whatever! And he needs fresh hay.
You would never forgive yourself if anything happens in those days.