Bunny lovers chat part 2!!!!

yesterday we were in pet supplies plus in my area (they are GREAT with their bunnies)....they had 5 babies...three black with white paws,,,a cream,,,and a brown and white...SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are so lucky to be bunny moms!!

Honey has an area like that too on his bum! So annoying no matter how much you brush the fur just keeps coming hahaha

We have been pinning down Binky Boy and doing the same thing. He ran away from my daughter and tried to climb under me. Usually he is all over her like a rash. But he will be more comfortable in our very very hot humid weather with less fluff on him! Still we don't want to freak him out.

Here's a recent Binky Boy photo for you - being an organic doorstop. (note chewed photo album in background)

Attachments

• Organic Doorstop.jpg
    Organic Doorstop.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 177
^Ha ha over-furminating? That's a funny thought. Evander almost runs away when he sees me coming at him with the brush, but he's got this annoying "ruffle" of fur on his backside, where the fur is so much thicker! I keep trying to brush as much of it away as possible but he gets irritated and the fur keeps coming out!

^ Hee hee! Puff Puff, Yum Yum and Bunn Bunn have that "ruffle" of fur on their butts too. There are always semi-loose clumps of fur sticking out of that area, now matter how much I groom them. I sometimes gently pull them out, but the bunnies don't always like that. :biggrin: I'm relieved to hear though that my buns aren't the only ones who have this 'issue.'

We have been pinning down Binky Boy and doing the same thing. He ran away from my daughter and tried to climb under me. Usually he is all over her like a rash. But he will be more comfortable in our very very hot humid weather with less fluff on him! Still we don't want to freak him out.

Here's a recent Binky Boy photo for you - being an organic doorstop. (note chewed photo album in background)

^ Binky Boy is quite a cute, and cuddly, door stop! I see he went to town with that photo album. LOL!

BUNNY SCANDAL NEWS!!

Pop Bun Sensation and Dwarf Rabbit Extraordinaire Binkyboo has been seen and photographed yesterday morning cavorting with an unknown female companion. The two have been sighted lovey-dovey in the bedroom, with Binky licking the unknown furry female all over!

Sources have confirmed that the new girl isn't even of the rabbit kind. Insiders have told us that she is nothing but a stuffed teddy bear that is obsessed with shiny bling and quick jumps. Will Binkyboo realize that loving this teddy will only give him heartache? Stay tuned for more BUNNY SCANDAL NEWS!!

Image019.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image024.jpg

Image017.jpg

Last edited:
^Ha ha over-furminating? That's a funny thought. Evander almost runs away when he sees me coming at him with the brush, but he's got this annoying "ruffle" of fur on his backside, where the fur is so much thicker! I keep trying to brush as much of it away as possible but he gets irritated and the fur keeps coming out!

Mine have that too! I bring them out to the yard inside their exercise run - DH and I have to hold them down to brush that area! So much under coat there!

BUNNY SCANDAL NEWS!!

Pop Bun Sensation and Dwarf Rabbit Extraordinaire Binkyboo has been seen and photographed yesterday morning cavorting with an unknown female companion. The two have been sighted lovey-dovey in the bedroom, with Binky licking the unknown furry female all over!

Sources have confirmed that the new girl isn't even of the rabbit kind. Insiders have told us that she is nothing but a stuffed teddy bear that is obsessed with shiny bling and quick jumps. Will Binkyboo realize that loving this teddy will only give him heartache? Stay tuned for more BUNNY SCANDAL NEWS!!

Image024.jpg

Image017.jpg

What a fun story! Binky is too cute! That last pic is soooo sweet!!!

Hi everybody. I haven't posted in this thread yet but now I need some advice. Below is a picture of my tortiseshell dutch bunny named Brigette (she decided to crawl in a hot dog box for some reason she also enjoys empty 12 pack coca cola boxes). I got her when she was four months old and she just turned 3 years old this past June.
picture.php

So Brigette has been the hot-topic of discussion lately. I've been wanting to get her spayed for the longest time but the boyfriend is dead-set against it. I've told him it will help her live longer but he just thinks its ridiculous and "she's not a dog and she's not going to be around boy bunnies so why does she need it"? She's my first pet and I want her to live a long time. I even have the money saved to get the procedure done but he is not hearing it. Normally, he is very sweet and he does like Brigette (she gives him "hair cuts" a lot) but he just won't budge on this issue. How can I bring him over to my side for the sake of my bunny Brigette?

I was so freaked out earlier - my bf and I were leaving to go horseback riding (for my bday) and Evander ran under his foot! I think his eyelid got a bit swollen - there was a tiny bit of blood on the corner of his eye but I think the eye itself is unhurt. I was sooo scared and felt so awful for my baby! He seems ok now, but of course the eyelid is still swollen and he can't open his eye the entire way. Poor little guy!

Hi everybody. I haven't posted in this thread yet but now I need some advice. Below is a picture of my tortiseshell dutch bunny named Brigette (she decided to crawl in a hot dog box for some reason she also enjoys empty 12 pack coca cola boxes). I got her when she was four months old and she just turned 3 years old this past June.

So Brigette has been the hot-topic of discussion lately. I've been wanting to get her spayed for the longest time but the boyfriend is dead-set against it. I've told him it will help her live longer but he just thinks its ridiculous and "she's not a dog and she's not going to be around boy bunnies so why does she need it"? She's my first pet and I want her to live a long time. I even have the money saved to get the procedure done but he is not hearing it. Normally, he is very sweet and he does like Brigette (she gives him "hair cuts" a lot) but he just won't budge on this issue. How can I bring him over to my side for the sake of my bunny Brigette?

Welcome to the bunny chat selkiewriter!

Bridgette is so cute! yes bunnies looove jumping in empty boxes for some reason! :P

first off, its a very good thing that you want to spay Bridgette and have even saved money for it.. explain to your bf when he says "she's not a dog and she's not going to be around boy bunnies so why does she need it"?

1. rabbits can live as long as dogs -- 8-10 years -- and are as loyal if not even more loyal than dogs, so whats the diff?? when you have a pet you commit to caring for that animal, there are no hierarchies in the the pet world.

2. it is medically known that females who are not spayed even (or especially) when they are not mated are susceptible to ovarian cancer bec of hormonal build up. therefore, it'll shorten their life if they dont get spayed. some girls in this chat have lost their dear buns bec they were rescued and spayed too late.

3. females tend to be more aggressive and territorial when they get older, if you dont spay them at an early age. dont wait until she's grumpy, 6 months i believe is already a good time to spay.

4. since she's YOUR BUNNY and YOU WILL PAY for the procedure - why should he care? why does he dictate what you do to your pet??

Tell him that so many rabbits suffer bec they are not neutered and spayed, and as a responsible pet owner it's your job to make sure you give Bridgette the best care you can possibly give!

Good luck dear.. :heart: