Bummer

Bethanh

O.G.
May 24, 2012
I'm really disappointed. I have 2 bags on my wish list for ss13 - regular Alexa in slate, and black with nickel hardware. My SA (who is in charge of VIP's - imagine!!) assured me that they were both in the warehouse and would make their way instore at which stage she would contact me to come in and have my pick. She has since resigned, and her successor (who is lovely, and, as far as I'm concerned, completely blameless) informs me that there are no slate blues - only 2 were ever ordered for Australia, and they have both been sold (wtf!!). So I'm going to have to order from overseas - which is expensive, risky (especially with quality issues lately), and much harder to sneak past DH! I'm really bummed out about it. Apparently, the black and nickel is definitely on its way into store, and I have not missed that!
Sorry, I just needed to have a whine. I feel really sorry for the new SA, as she feels bad and it's not her fault. But I'm bummed out that I have been waiting and waiting for the slate, and now I need to order online. The new SA is going to call me tomorrow after confirming that there are no more slates in Oz, so will have to make the call then. :sad:

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed. I have 2 bags on my wish list for ss13 - regular Alexa in slate, and black with nickel hardware. My SA (who is in charge of VIP's - imagine!!) assured me that they were both in the warehouse and would make their way instore at which stage she would contact me to come in and have my pick. She has since resigned, and her successor (who is lovely, and, as far as I'm concerned, completely blameless) informs me that there are no slate blues - only 2 were ever ordered for Australia, and they have both been sold (wtf!!). So I'm going to have to order from overseas - which is expensive, risky (especially with quality issues lately), and much harder to sneak past DH! I'm really bummed out about it. Apparently, the black and nickel is definitely on its way into store, and I have not missed that!
Sorry, I just needed to have a whine. I feel really sorry for the new SA, as she feels bad and it's not her fault. But I'm bummed out that I have been waiting and waiting for the slate, and now I need to order online. The new SA is going to call me tomorrow after confirming that there are no more slates in Oz, so will have to make the call then. :sad:
Oh dear what a shame it is a hassle ordering overseas for me as well. I dont know what Mulberry services in down under are like? They dont sound too good.
I would be bummed as well.
It takes ages coming and then waiting all all day parcel force/usps/ups i hate thier service and then customs etc. Nothing like good old Royal Mail or inland postal services of the country you live in.
I really do it all goes well for you feel your pain and hope you get your desired bags soon and sneak them past hubby.xxxx

Thanks J.A.N.! It is such a hassle, and if I'd known, I also could have got it weeks ago. Also, I'll have to get it sent to work now, and with all the nosey parkers there, they'll know the value of the package, and I'll have to explain that away.

I can only imagine how you feel Bethanh, and hope that you get your dream slate blue Lexy intact soon. I once ordered a Mulberry from Net-a-Porter, New York, because the Womble (in my avatar) was in the sale for about £330. She arrived in two days, beautifully packaged, inclusive of any taxes and I was thrilled. Hopefully you'll get the same experience. Fingers crossed you do. Keep us posted. :smile:

Mayfly285 said:
I can only imagine how you feel Bethanh, and hope that you get your dream slate blue Lexy intact soon. I once ordered a Mulberry from Net-a-Porter, New York, because the Womble (in my avatar) was in the sale for about £330. She arrived in two days, beautifully packaged, inclusive of any taxes and I was thrilled. Hopefully you'll get the same experience. Fingers crossed you do. Keep us posted. :smile:

What an awesome buy!! I love your womble (I have a soft spot for wombles, my late dad was from Wimbledon). Fingers crossed...

What an awesome buy!! I love your womble (I have a soft spot for wombles, my late dad was from Wimbledon). Fingers crossed...

She was indeed a rare find - and NAP NY were first rate! She arrived swathed in black tissue paper inside a gorgeous hinged black box in superfast time and I still adore her today. :smile: I bought her with money left to me by my godmother and I'll never part with her. :smile: I really should give her a proper, Womble name!! :biggrin:

Oh Bethan that's no good :sad: I understand that it's not the new sales persons fault, but could you perhaps insist on speaking to the manager? The previous lady should have passed all info on before she left and you shouldn't be left our of pocket because of her not doing something she had promised. Perhaps the manager can order another one for you - may be a bit of a wait but cheaper than ordering abroad?
Fingers crossed you can get it sorted xx

kyliegul said:
Oh Bethan that's no good :sad: I understand that it's not the new sales persons fault, but could you perhaps insist on speaking to the manager? The previous lady should have passed all info on before she left and you shouldn't be left our of pocket because of her not doing something she had promised. Perhaps the manager can order another one for you - may be a bit of a wait but cheaper than ordering abroad?
Fingers crossed you can get it sorted xx

Thanks Kylie. They are doing everything they can. I can't fault the current SA. She is bending over backwards to try to make it right for me. Talk about a first world problem!!!

Hi Bethanh, so sorry to hear about what happened with slate alexa. I would go crazy as well! I really hope that they could order home one for you. Is it true that Mulberry is not so popular in Australia? Sound very strange to me.

If you don't want your parcel arriving at your door, you can sign up for a free parcel locker at Auspost and have it delivered there. Then you can pick up your deliveries 24/7 within 2 days. I buy stuff online all the time this way and it saves me a lot of questioning from the nosy beaks at home.

She was indeed a rare find - and NAP NY were first rate! She arrived swathed in black tissue paper inside a gorgeous hinged black box in superfast time and I still adore her today. :smile: I bought her with money left to me by my godmother and I'll never part with her. :smile: I really should give her a proper, Womble name!! :biggrin:
Lovely story and that bag is divine Mayfly! :biggrin:

Awesome news. Spoke to my SA this morning and they have managed to track down a regular slate Alexa, which will arrive by the end of next week!! Yay!!!!!! Can't say enough good things about my new SA - she is a miracle worker. My faith is restored. :biggrin:

Bethanh said:
Awesome news. Spoke to my SA this morning and they have managed to track down a regular slate Alexa, which will arrive by the end of next week!! Yay!!!!!! Can't say enough good things about my new SA - she is a miracle worker. My faith is restored. :biggrin:

Congrats! Waiting for reveal :smile:

noitsyou said:
If you don't want your parcel arriving at your door, you can sign up for a free parcel locker at Auspost and have it delivered there. Then you can pick up your deliveries 24/7 within 2 days. I buy stuff online all the time this way and it saves me a lot of questioning from the nosy beaks at home.

Thank you!!! I definitely need one of these. Unfortunately, they only accept Australia post parcels, but for those it will be awesome.