Bummed on Botkier

I have the Botkier Carlton Tall Hobo and I have to admit it's really heavy. It does have a gigantic metal buckle on the front which is a good part of the weight, but I think the bag itself is really heavy. And although the bag seems 'large', it's really not large inside, and I have a hard time getting inside because the gathered neck is kind of confining. But I still like it.

Today I just sold my Carlton Short Hobo. It was a little too small for me. I kinda liked the turnlock belt but Hubby sid it looked too Heavy Metal...and I'm just not a heavy metal chick. I love the leather on that bag but it just wasn't for me. The Short Hobo was not heavy at all.

Thank you!

I only put my laptop in it for the flights. It's fine for my 13" iBook, but it's not light. At the same time, I was carrying my jewelry case, digital camera, travel pillow, a paperback, and normal stuff: sunglasses, wallet, cell, etc.

When I'm visiting clients, I don't have my laptop, but I carry a few folders and a plastic case for other papers.

So far, it's held up great--I don't see any signs of strain on the bag.