Review Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

natalie78

Did you die?
O.G.
May 6, 2008
http://www.sephora.com/surf-spray-P280513?skuId=1432061

I have stick-straight hair, so I doubted that anything could give me the beach hair look (other than an actual day at the beach). I was wrong! This stuff is awesome! It didn't give me curls or waves, but it gave my hair great texture and a slightly touseled look. For me, it's on the expensive side at $25 for a 4oz bottle, but a little goes a long way. There is also a small travel-size bottle (1.7 oz for $15).

I'm a mild product junkie. I like this product for its packaging but I find it really dries out my hair too much. 2 great alternatives I found!!!

1. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray - smells AMAZING, does not dry out your hair and works really well at creating the beachy wavy look.

2. Josie Maran Bohemian Waves Argan Mist - also does not dry out the hair as much as B&B. It's actually moisturizing bc of the Argan Oil in the spray but also does a good job. Also smells nice!

Also, both are cheaper than B&B.

^I've read a few reviews from people who complained that it dried their hair out. My hair usually runs on the oily side, so this is not an issue for me. But, I may give the other two a try when my B&B runs out.

I'm a mild product junkie. I like this product for its packaging but I find it really dries out my hair too much. 2 great alternatives I found!!!

1. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray - smells AMAZING, does not dry out your hair and works really well at creating the beachy wavy look.

2. Josie Maran Bohemian Waves Argan Mist - also does not dry out the hair as much as B&B. It's actually moisturizing bc of the Argan Oil in the spray but also does a good job. Also smells nice!

Also, both are cheaper than B&B.

I also find that B&B very drying and would love to try these products... Where am I able to purchase? Thanks

http://www.sephora.com/surf-spray-P280513?skuId=1432061

I have stick-straight hair, so I doubted that anything could give me the beach hair look (other than an actual day at the beach). I was wrong! This stuff is awesome! It didn't give me curls or waves, but it gave my hair great texture and a slightly touseled look. For me, it's on the expensive side at $25 for a 4oz bottle, but a little goes a long way. There is also a small travel-size bottle (1.7 oz for $15).
There's a Marc Anthony one that works just as well for much less money......the only thing is I don't love the scent of it. I did find it pretty much did the same thing as the Bumble and Bumble one.

I've used the B&B spray several times now since I got it and I still don't find it to be drying. I dunno...I guess it's my normally oily hair. I still love it!

I went to Sephora and looked at the Josie Maran spray, but I steer clear of things with oil in them. My hair produces too much of its own anyway.

my hair is soooo straight and thick too it just pulls down anything i put in and unfortunatley this is no different... it works great on my mum though who has short bobish hair and it just adds a little texture or "moosh" as we call it lol xx

Tried to recreate the tousled wavy hair I had when we were on Hawaii. This did it!!! I love this stuff. My hair was medium length and a little layered. I also have thick coarse hair. It gave it the right amount of body. Does leave your hair dry but so does the salt water air!

My hairs already a little wavy but wanted it to look more tousled but bumble and bumble failed to satisfy me. It's mehh
It was just okay for my hair. I wanted a wavy relaxed look but after applying the B&B spray it left a gross residue and made my hair untouchable. Not impressed....especially for the high price of the small bottle. I have since tried the Summer Waves Spray by Frederick Fekkai and it is my new fave.

So, I totally found a replacement for the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray...the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Sea Spray is even better! It has extra moisturizers in it, so it is not as drying as Bumble and Bumble, but it gives the same waves.