Bulk buying & matchy-matchy

bags&shoes

shopping is an art
Jul 1, 2008
When I find something that I like, I tend to get multiples. Like I have a couple of the Stephen Sprouse scarves. Love Quotes scarves? I have four.
And when I like a bag or something, I want a matching wallet or w/e.
Shoes? sometimes I'll buy two pair in the same color (if I think they are a forever classic) or at least get them in black and camel.

Anyone else shop like this?

I do for cable knit sweaters, jeans, tank tops, and sometimes shoes. I know what you mean. Sometimes it is hard to find something that looks good, so when I find something that looks great, I do tend to buy multiples.

I did (to a horrible degree!), but recently stopped. I would buy duplicates to store away when the primary wore out, just to find I didn't like the style anymore. I remind myself that even though I fall totally in love with one style, these will always be ones I like more in the future, so it's not worth it to have redunancy taking up space and money in my closet.

I don't do this much, but I LOVE doing it! It's awesome, once you find a sweater or tank top or just WHATEVER you love so much and always looks great, buy it in as many colours as you can! It's such a good idea, then you have exactly what you want. I found this amazing pair of jeans recently and I'm debating about buying two pairs in the same wash, just because I love it so much.

I only buy multiples when it comes to black or white tank tops. Those are my wardrobe staples and I can always mix and match with those. Aside from that, I hardly buy in bulk. I prefer purchasing different pieces and mixing them up with what I already have in my closet.

I do like to buy wallets to match my purses. I have a few styles of shoes I love that I am planning on buying in more colors. I don't think it's that big a deal for accessories. I also buy some staple pieces of clothing in several colors, like the American Apparel interlock pencil skirt, and the deep v-neck shirt.

I do matchy-matchy for necklaces - earrings; bags-shoes (perhaps same colour family, not so much the brand). I buy duplicates like different print for the same range of T-shirts, but that is abt it, I think.

I think I have a signature style lately, so alot of my combinations are the same, just the actual items are different: jeans, heels/boots, scarf, leather jacket/blazer.
so buying in bulk works for me...