Bulk buying & matchy-matchy

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. When I find something that I like, I tend to get multiples. Like I have a couple of the Stephen Sprouse scarves. Love Quotes scarves? I have four.
    And when I like a bag or something, I want a matching wallet or w/e.
    Shoes? sometimes I'll buy two pair in the same color (if I think they are a forever classic) or at least get them in black and camel.

Anyone else shop like this?

2. I do for cable knit sweaters, jeans, tank tops, and sometimes shoes. I know what you mean. Sometimes it is hard to find something that looks good, so when I find something that looks great, I do tend to buy multiples.

3. I only really buy tank tops in multiple colours. Actually, saying that a few months ago I bought a summery cardigan in four colours!

4. I did (to a horrible degree!), but recently stopped. I would buy duplicates to store away when the primary wore out, just to find I didn't like the style anymore. I remind myself that even though I fall totally in love with one style, these will always be ones I like more in the future, so it's not worth it to have redunancy taking up space and money in my closet.

5. I do that, too. Especially with tshirts, tanks and workhorse shoes.

6. I don't do this much, but I LOVE doing it! It's awesome, once you find a sweater or tank top or just WHATEVER you love so much and always looks great, buy it in as many colours as you can! It's such a good idea, then you have exactly what you want. I found this amazing pair of jeans recently and I'm debating about buying two pairs in the same wash, just because I love it so much.

7. I only buy multiples when it comes to black or white tank tops. Those are my wardrobe staples and I can always mix and match with those. Aside from that, I hardly buy in bulk. I prefer purchasing different pieces and mixing them up with what I already have in my closet.

8. I do like to buy wallets to match my purses. I have a few styles of shoes I love that I am planning on buying in more colors. I don't think it's that big a deal for accessories. I also buy some staple pieces of clothing in several colors, like the American Apparel interlock pencil skirt, and the deep v-neck shirt.

9. I do it with basics like tees and tanks. I don't think I have done it for anything but if I found something I loved that much I probably would.

10. I do matchy-matchy for necklaces - earrings; bags-shoes (perhaps same colour family, not so much the brand). I buy duplicates like different print for the same range of T-shirts, but that is abt it, I think.

11. I definitely buy in different colors. For my body type, it's hard to find clothes that fit perfectly. So, when I do, I buy lots!

12. I do that sometimes too especially with jeans, silk tops and shoes.

13. Guilty. I don't like drastic change. Wearing similar things often is comforting to me.

14. I do that sometimes too. i dont think i have same shoes different color though...as far as i can think of right now.

15. I think I have a signature style lately, so alot of my combinations are the same, just the actual items are different: jeans, heels/boots, scarf, leather jacket/blazer.
    so buying in bulk works for me...