Built FJORD Tough!

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
I just wanted to start a thread about my love of Vache Fjord. I find it extremely durable, basically waterproof and scratch proof. It is also very sturdy, which is nice in larger bags or in bags that require more structure or if you simply don't like a slouchy bag.

I have been caught in total downpours and when I got home I simply wiped my bag with a towel and no damage whatsoever! I am also tough on my bag. It is large and gets banged around a lot and no scratches or white marks from walls (it is a black bag).

Another nice feature is that this is NOT a leather that the COUNTERFEITERS have caught on to yet. It seems that most FAKES are in Box calf, Togo or Clemence. This is another reason to love Fjord!

Reactions: lala28
Thanks everyone! I thought the title was pretty hilarious myself.

Black Fjord also has a sparkle, like asphalt in the sunshine. I think it is masculine and elegant.

IMHO Fjord weighs no more than Clemence. I think historically it was a heavier leather, so a vintage piece might be. The new Fjord is not as heavy as it once was.

It can be extremely veined and also unveined. It varies from bag to bag or hide to hide. I like it either way, but I know there are some that have an aversion to a veined bag.