Home & Garden Building Our Dream House! From Start to Finish.

well, in the interest of full disclosure.....sigh. :sad:

on tues 1/19 i was at the house and waiting for the delivery of our washer, dryer, and fridge. these were purchased separately by us and were not included in the home purchase. the washer was installed and is beautiful. the dryer was dented, so they took it back and will send a new one.

the fridge....the shippers attempted to shove the fridge through the hallway from the foyer to the kitchen, which is too small for the fridge to fit through. why they did not measure, or remove the fridge doors, is absolutely beyond me. they easily could have pulled the fridge through the playroom and dining room, into the kitchen via the other entrance. but no. they shoved and pushed and got the fridge stuck in the hallway. then attempted to pull it back out....and in the process pulled chunks out of the brand new linoleum flooring. 3 holes in total. plus, instead of using the dolly, they walked the fridge back through the foyer, pulled it across the playroom/dining room carpet, and walked it through the back half of the kitchen. the entire linoleum floor from front door to back door is completely ruined. this is in addition to multiple dings, dents and scratches in the walls and doorways. the shipper knew what he did and well.....he will be dealt with, because he lied on the delivery paperwork. but that is another story.

we contacted the appliance store and they are going to file claims for the repairs. we are working on getting replacement quote from the flooring company, and repair quotes for the walls, doors and trim work from a contractor.

at this point, it is undecided whether or not we are still moving in next weekend. hubby is convinced we should move in and have them fix it. i want it fixed prior to moving because i cannot imagine having a majority of the flooring replaced while we are living in the home. again, the linoleum goes from the front door all the way to be back door, including 1st floor powder room, bottom of the staircase, 2 closets, mudroom, hallway, entire kitchen, pantry, and eat-in kitchen area.

i have spent the last two days an anxious, crying mess over this. my brand new house that we have barely stepped foot in is already needing a massive repair. i have photos but they still make me cry to look at, honestly.
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear.

our builders patched the floor, enough for us to feel comfortable moving in. honestly, if i didn't know there was damage i may not even notice. but i know it, and i see it, and it is not perfect. which is not something i will accept, considering it is a brand new home that we paid a LOT of money for.

we are still getting quotes to fix everything, and trust when i say they are going to pay for the damage. once we get the claim settled, we are thinking to hold off and fix the floors in a few months, so long as the floors look like they'll hold. i don't want to move in and have the whole first floor torn up in the first few weeks. we need to get in and focus on organizing and prepping for baby. (not to mention i'm taking 3 college classes this spring!)

Reactions: Bag*Snob
I was looking at Chanel bags online, and next thing I know I'm following the journey of your new house and adorable baby. I would love to live someplace with land and beautiful views like that. It looks so peaceful. Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: *Jenn*
thank you all! we just our first holiday season in our new home, and while it has been a whirlwind, it has been such a blessing.

i started a new job in september and it has been so amazing. it is a newer company (about 2 years old) and has exploded so there is tons of advancement potential. i asked about tuition reimbursement, and so they went and created a policy for it! so i'm the first person who asked about it and i'll be the first one to utilize it!

starting in early january i'm starting back on my bachelors degree, the current plan has me graduating spring 2023. i'm (tentatively) considering going back in fall 2023 for my masters, but we will see how everything pans out.

i will attach a photo of our christmas set up. :smile: