Bugging out!

Jan 10, 2007
So I feel a little flap crazy recently. Since Feb I've acquired 4 flaps. I have a reissue on the way to me and now I keep thinking about the bubble quilt flaps. I am really tempted to return my Melrose gradient vinyl cabas, and coupled with an egc, exchange for a bubble quilt flap. What do you guys think I should do? Also, for those of you who own the bubble quilt bags, what size do you have, how much did you get it for(if you don't mind my asking :shame:smile: and how/what do you wear it with?

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate your input!

I would hands down exchange the vinyl melrose cabas for the bubble quilt, i had the melrose and though the style was very unique and fashionable. It was a little too trendy for me (i'm very casual though) and that coupled w/ the fact that it was vinyl did it for me.

The bubble quilt line is soo cute! I've seen them w/ jeans and a t or tank or a pretty dress.

^ya, I was initially thinking of carrying the Melrose gradients as travel carryon pieces. I don't know, reconsidering now because it just might be too much of a look to be toting around. Here's a modelling pic I posted before...what do ya think?

Attachments

• carryon duo.jpg
    carryon duo.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 165
Well unfortunately.....both look GORGEOUS on you, heehe. guess that's not help. But if you haaad to choose, my votes still bubble quilt, it may be more timeless. LOVE your home btw!

^ya, I was initially thinking of carrying the Melrose gradients as travel carryon pieces. I don't know, reconsidering now because it just might be too much of a look to be toting around. Here's a modelling pic I posted before...what do ya think?

^ Oh! Thank you! But geez, you had me thinking for a minute there...maybe I should keep what I have and just defray the bubble quilt cost w/ my egc, hehe. You baaadd!! HAHAHA!!!

Oh good lord...you had to ask, haha! I've been lusting after the grey 05 reissues, but as always, late to the party. So here's my chance, right? And as if the fates aren't tempting me enough, they are coming out with 2, that's right - count 'em- 2 greys this fall. well, lt. grey for prefall and dk grey for fall(or is it act1/act2). I'm not committed as of yet to either because the price hikes coupled w/ flap addiction scare me! And I keep telling myself the Melrose gradient jumbo has the same tones(grey), albeit vinyl(but hey, less worries ya?) . I'm sure there will be more for me to lust after once the goods start rolling in...so again, you had to ask! haha!!!

I know, I was hoping to sit out Fall, except for the Bordeaux patent, purple jumbo, and a couple others, but darn it all, this is shaping up to be one of the best seasons for me since Fall 06. I really have to cut my list down. It's hard when every retailer carries diff variations of the same line and often u can't see it in person first, ugh.

I think gray is one of those perfect neutral colors. Def a timeless, chic investment piece. great taste!

well, i dont return stuff normally. both bags looked good in that picture. why not keep them (as price increasing they will turn out to be worth a while), and get a bubble quilt when you are ready? they are always there for you, you know. and some unique and beautiful colors just came in for the fall... my point is there will be always something more appealing to you down the road...:rolleyes:

Oh good lord...you had to ask, haha! I've been lusting after the grey 05 reissues, but as always, late to the party. So here's my chance, right? And as if the fates aren't tempting me enough, they are coming out with 2, that's right - count 'em- 2 greys this fall. well, lt. grey for prefall and dk grey for fall(or is it act1/act2). I'm not committed as of yet to either because the price hikes coupled w/ flap addiction scare me! And I keep telling myself the Melrose gradient jumbo has the same tones(grey), albeit vinyl(but hey, less worries ya?) . I'm sure there will be more for me to lust after once the goods start rolling in...so again, you had to ask! haha!!!

Scholastican, I heard gray reissue of Act 1 is same as 05 ones! Grab one while you can~

About Bubble Quilts, are you telling me there's a Saks or NM still left with the past season ones? If so, I'd grab that one too. (Lol~ I keep telling you to go for it, no matter what!)

I know they would have BQs this fall but heck... They raised the price about $300 more.:sad: So if you can get one from last year, I think that's a steal, unless you want one of the new colors.

I love love love my BQ hobo flap. It quickly became my favorite bag out of everything in my closet. I've been carrying it more than anything else and I've only had it about 2 months or so. I think accordian flaps or east west looking flaps are cute too but love round puffy look of hobo flap~:heart: It's a pretty good sized bag too. It fits a lot more than smaller reissues or med flap and even has a good sized back pocket. The pocket is almost the size of the whole back side. I use the back pocket for things like my phone or keys for easy access. Since it's less structured than classic flaps, it's so easy to store your things there without ruining the look of the bag much.

well, i dont return stuff normally. both bags looked good in that picture. why not keep them (as price increasing they will turn out to be worth a while), and get a bubble quilt when you are ready? they are always there for you, you know. and some unique and beautiful colors just came in for the fall... my point is there will be always something more appealing to you down the road...:rolleyes:

Hi Steffe!

I think I latched onto the cabas because I was so happy(still am) with the gradient jumbo flap. And everytime I see a pic of it anywhere, my heart lurches a little with the knowledge that I do have one of those beauties :girlsigh:. It being vinyl doesn't bother me at all, I mean it's beautiful in its own way and its very practical(and at under the $1600 mark nowadays :nogood:).

So maybe you're right, maybe I should be good and wait it out. Maybe if it's somewhere out there and I chance upon the bq it's meant for me. Maybe, just maybe I am ever so slowly going nuts :nuts:...HAHAHAHA!!!!

Scholastican, I heard gray reissue of Act 1 is same as 05 ones! Grab one while you can~

About Bubble Quilts, are you telling me there's a Saks or NM still left with the past season ones? If so, I'd grab that one too. (Lol~ I keep telling you to go for it, no matter what!)

I know they would have BQs this fall but heck... They raised the price about $300 more.:sad: So if you can get one from last year, I think that's a steal, unless you want one of the new colors.

I love love love my BQ hobo flap. It quickly became my favorite bag out of everything in my closet. I've been carrying it more than anything else and I've only had it about 2 months or so. I think accordian flaps or east west looking flaps are cute too but love round puffy look of hobo flap~:heart: It's a pretty good sized bag too. It fits a lot more than smaller reissues or med flap and even has a good sized back pocket. The pocket is almost the size of the whole back side. I use the back pocket for things like my phone or keys for easy access. Since it's less structured than classic flaps, it's so easy to store your things there without ruining the look of the bag much.

Hiya N, boy wouldn't I love to be your shopping buddy! However I think I'll sit out the greys these coming seasons. I don't want to be overindulgent because my Melrose gradients are in shades of grey already. That and I have a metallic white reissue making its way to me as we speak, so I need to be careful how I spread my bag budget(horrors! the B word! hehe!).

BUBBLE QUILTS! Now here's a diffferent story. You're lovin' yours, I can really tell :graucho:. I want to wear it messenger style, it seems the perfect casual Chanel, what w/ the puffy quilting and the practical neutral colors and aged hardware. What size and color do you have, when and how much did you get it(for), and can I pull this off as a messenger paired with khakis and capris? And show me pics of it while you're at it, will ya? Danke!

Last edited: