Buffalo gala - talk to me

AuthenticLux

Mom/Feminist/Veteran
O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
San Francisco
I have a lovely tri-fold bearn in buffalo gala and after a little less than a year it looks as though it's been to war and back. I am willing to take 50% of the blame as I use it daily and it does meet with the occasional Hot Wheels toy car or goldfish snack but it really does show every little nick and scratch.

I've never taken a buffalo gala piece to H for cleaning so I'd love your expert opinions on cleaning and just overall thoughts on this leather.

TIA!

P.S. Scratches and all, she receives tons of compliments! ;)

pursenality

Extreme Hermès!
Aug 28, 2007
Orange World
^^I own a Buffle Gala wallet. It has scratches and nicks. Took it to H for cleaning and was told that it won't have much effect on the scratches, etc. They can only condition the leather. In the end, I took back the wallet.

AuthenticLux

Mom/Feminist/Veteran
O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
San Francisco
^^I own a Buffle Gala wallet. It has scratches and nicks. Took it to H for cleaning and was told that it won't have much effect on the scratches, etc. They can only condition the leather. In the end, I took back the wallet.
^^^ That's what I was afraid of. Thank you for the info!

orchids

O.G.
May 30, 2006
I second pursenality's thoughts. I'm hoping yours is a darker color; my DH's was not and there was little that could be done for it which was very disappointing given the short amount of time he had it. On a go forward basis, I was advised to avoid this leather in lighter colors for smaller accessories.

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
Jan 3, 2008
USA
Buffle Gala is sensitive to surface marks, like Swift and Tadelakt. I don't think these three skins wear particularly well.

sarachryan

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
This is my least favourite leather by a long shot. I've a globetrotter in it and it is wrecked! And that's with normal usage. Really disappointed with it