Bueye claims item not received but tracking number says delivered

Way bad advice

INR Item Not Received is the one thing that is cut and dried in a sellers favor.
You have proof of delivery. End of story
you do NOT need to refund.
I said to check their feedback-----that was to see if there is a history of problem transactions. Stuff like seller made it right, seller was good to work with etc

I know this particular situation has been resolved (yay!) but, in general:
It is the seller's responsibility to ensure that the buyer receives the item, even once it is in the post, or has (supposedly) been delivered "successfully".
Carriers get things wrong all the time.
They have people working for them who do ridiculous things - like signing for packages themselves and then leaving them in rarely used recycling bins, outside the buyer's home, without a note saying they have done so and then declaring that the item has been signed for and "successfully delivered".
Buyer doesn't even know where the package is!
If something like that happens, it is not the buyer's responsibility to chase the carrier.
The seller purchased the method of shipping, so they are the customer of the carrier.
It is, therefore, their responsibility (not the buyer's) to contact the carrier and badger them until they have asked the employee in question what, exactly, they did with the supposedly signed for, "successfully delivered" package (that actually wasn't).
Massive PITA, but still.

Last edited:
I know this particular situation has been resolved (yay!) but, in general:
It is the seller's responsibility to ensure that the buyer receives the item, even once it is in the post, or has (supposedly) been delivered "successfully".
Carriers get things wrong all the time.
They have people working for them who do ridiculous things - like signing for packages themselves and then leaving them in rarely used recycling bins, outside the buyer's home, without a note saying they have done so and then declaring that the item has been signed for and "successfully delivered".
Buyer doesn't even know where the package is!
If something like that happens, it is not the buyer's responsibility to chase the carrier.
The seller purchased the method of shipping, so they are the customer of the carrier.
It is, therefore, their responsibility (not the buyer's) to contact the carrier and badger them until they have asked the employee in question what, exactly, they did with the supposedly signed for, "successfully delivered" package (that actually wasn't).
Massive PITA, but still.
How would you be able to weed out a scammer in this case though? If sellers were still held responsible even after a signature is confirmed anyone could claim it was "lost." As a seller I will do what I can within reason, and I agree that it is a lousy situation when this occurs, and it is legitimately lost but shows signature or delivered, but I would think they (ebay or other similar selling venues) would have to draw a line somewhere.

If the tracking shows delivered, Ebay will always side with the seller, although it's the right thing to do what was done here, contact the shipper and help locate the package if possible.

As for negative feedback, if it shows delivered Ebay will usually remove the feedback. But if they don't, feedback no longer counts against a seller.