budget friendly cosmetics

Bumping this thread, as I have discovered a few things lately or have gone back to old favorites:

Wet n Wild Creme Brûlée e/s - perfect all over matte shade for me
ELF crease brush - so soft for $3 and has never shed a hair
Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brûlée - my perfect moisturizing nude
Maybelline Fit Me foundation - the first d/s foundation I've worn in 20+ yrs. It works better for me than the new YSL did.
NYX Caviar and Bubblespalette - good pigmentation/color combo
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- so soft and does a wonderful job
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Primer

I think each drugstore brand has some great products to offer. It just depends what you're looking for. I usually go to these brands for the following things;

-L'Oreal for pigmented eyeshadows: their infalliable eyeshadows are so amazing (Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill dupes) and the Hip line has really great colors.
-Physicians formula for bronzers; their bronzers are affordable dupes for Guerlain's bronzers. They also have a lot of highlighters too.
-Revlon for lipsticks: the matte lipstick, lip-butters, and "Just Bitten" lip crayons are great!
-Cover Girl for mascaras: they always have such a wide selection and are pretty consistent in application.
-Maybelline for their foundation: I've heard good things about the FIT line, but everyone raves about their "Age Rewind" foundation & concealer. Also the one eye product worth mentioning is their cream "Color Tattoo" eyeshadows. It's hard to find a good cream eyeshadow formula from drugstore brands but these are great!
-Neutrogena for those with sensitive skin: a lot of Neutrogena products target sensitive or acne prone skin. It's even cheaper than Clinique.
-NYX for pigments: I always go for the loose pigments, they're only $3! They also have a good selection of lip-pencils too.
-Eco tools for brushes: these are really quality brushes for the price if you're on a budget.

Hope someone found this helpful! Now if only I can get my hands on Bourjois products. I've heard SO many good things about the Healthy Mix Foundation. It's supposed to be a dupe for Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which I love. They supposedly have great blushes too.

Elf Studio Cream Liner in Black ($3!)
Elf 100 Pc Palette ($10 but can get a better deal at their website when they have sales)
Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Maybelline Color Tattoo
Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara
Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eye Pen
Maybelline Fit Foundation and Concealer
Jordana Lipgloss in ASAP ($2!)
Walmart Brand for Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive Skin Moisturizer (ranges from $3-$6.. price always changes for some reason..)
Hard Candy Glamouflage concealer
Hard Candy Top Ten Palette Feelin' Blue
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
Boots No. 7 4-in-1 Cleansing Cloths
Elf Studio Makeup Brushes
Ecotools Makeup Brushes
Wet n Wild Coloricon Palettes
NYX Jumbo Pencil Milk
NYX Lipsticks
NYX Pigments
NYX Studio Liquid Liners (Love extreme blue and extreme purple)
NYX Aqua Luxe Liquid Liner in Glam Lagoon

I absolutely adore Nyx and Milani.

Both make lovely blushes. Milani's liquif-eye line are amazing liners for the price. Nyx jumbo eye pencils can't be beat either.

I use both high end and drugstore cosmetics. L'Oreal Infallible cream eyeshadows, Maybelline cream eye liner pot, L'Oreal lip balms & lip pencils, Revlon-lip butters, Almay products. I believe that many drugstore are just as good or even better than the big name designer cosmetic brands.

Currently I'm using L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber mascara. I have the waterproof and the black lacquer, and I really like both of them. Nice length & volume, and no flaking or irritation. The waterproof is a *bear* to remove, though!

pmburk said:
Currently I'm using L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber mascara. I have the waterproof and the black lacquer, and I really like both of them. Nice length & volume, and no flaking or irritation. The waterproof is a *bear* to remove, though!

Does the fiber bother your eyes at all ? I'm a contact wearer but always wanted to try.

I LOVE ELF's makeup brushes! They are inexpensive so I buy two of the good ones like the eyeshadow brush. Their blushes are quite pigmented and good dupes of higher end brands like MAC. I adore NYX for their highly pigmented eyeshadows and like NYC's translucent powders. I always buy drugstore mascara because I don't use mascara as often and they should be replaced frequently. I turn to L'oreal's Voluminous. I must also praise GOSH cosmetics for their eyeliners.