Budget and options.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hello hermes lovers,

if i have only 5000usd budget for a bag, what are my options?
    could i get a hermes bag with this amount of money?

thank u.

2. i prefer new bag. :smile: yes i saw the list already.

but maybe different leather have different pricing?
    i think my options are only the smallest lindy?

3. What about a Picotin or Evelyne? Those are well below your budget cap.

4. is there any kelly bag that fits my budget? maybe with the cheapest leather?

5. Wouldn't you rather buy a bag with a leather you love, instead of settling for the cheapest leather? Sorry, I don't mean to offend but I think that you will get more enjoyment if you get the bag you love.

Maybe reconsider getting a pre-owned kelly? Some are in great condition (and sending out for a spa can do wonders) and the prices are very reasonable. GL

6. can i get a pre owned birkin at 5k? :smile:
    yes, i rather get the bag design that i love rather than the leather. so i am looking for cheaper leather to fit my budget for the bag i like... does that makes sense?

7. No new Kellys for that price. And doubtful you can find a Birkin in good condition for $5000 either. There are a lot of other bags at or below that price point - garden party, picotin, double sens, Evelyne, cabag, Herbag zip, Goodnews and more.

8. If you are happy to go the reseller route, you could get a Kelly with US$5k.

9. OK, then what is the bag design that you love?

10. I've been scoping out pre-owned Birkins for years and I've never seen one in good condition for $5K. The lowest price I've seen is $7K-8K. As the other ladies have mentioned, you definitely could find a pre-owned Kelly for $5K or under.

11. The OP has said she wants a new bag, and it sounds like by bag, she really means a Birkin or a Kelly. In which case, the only course of action is to keep saving, I'd think.

12. What about the Kelly Pochette or Kelly Longue - both should be under $5k. They are more clutches than bags though.