Bucket Bags: Burberry vs Mansur Gavriel

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

I must have a thing with bucket bags. I already have an Hermes Picotin Lock and still find myself lusting for these 2 buckets bags:
    1. Burberry Medium Susanna Canvas Check Print
    2. Mansur Gavriel Mini Rosa

I attached a photo of these 2 purses with a mod shot with it for your reference.

Burberry is mostly canvas, while MG is leather, and price point for both are almost close to each other. I would appreciate any of your inputs before I find myself buying both

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459142792.904873.jpg

2. Both are pretty, but I think MG have overplayed their hard to get-card - if I was in the market for a bucket bag, I'd look for something in that same lovely pink color but skip paying MG prices. Or go for the Burberry, which is a durable, classic British take on the theme.

3. I like the Burberry better but then it reminds me of my Burberry which I've had a long time and I'm so proud of it (now my dance bag)

What's the closure on the Burberry?

The MG seems a bit small :shrugs:

4. #4 Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Burberry closure is a hook clasp, see attached:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459204000.448048.jpg

5. I vote Burberry - very attractive bag with some sense of design and a classic, for sure!

6. Thanks to you all for confirming my first choice. I had my heart set first on the Burberry but got distracted with the soft pink color of MG

7. :tup: