Buccellati or Boucheron bracelet?

CarbonCopy

Aug 27, 2015
Hello all, I am between the Boucheron serpent boheme bracelet in mother of pearl or the Buccellati opera bracket in blue enamel. Both very different but I'm having trouble deciding! Any thoughts?

The Boucheron looks to be more useful in styling/wearing because there are four open rings to clip into to make it smaller and close to the wrist to stop it sliding around and the stones would stay visible on top of your wrist.

The Buccellati doesn't have that so the main decorative station will probably fall under your wrist because it's heavier than the other stations? So you'd just have the clasp on top of your wrist? Unless it's a close fit and wouldn't move around? In my view, it's better to have a bracelet that is the same all the way round so those issues wouldn't occur.

The Boucheron looks to be more useful in styling/wearing because there are four open rings to clip into to make it smaller and close to the wrist to stop it sliding around and the stones would stay visible on top of your wrist.

The Buccellati doesn't have that so the main decorative station will probably fall under your wrist because it's heavier than the other stations? So you'd just have the clasp on top of your wrist? Unless it's a close fit and wouldn't move around? In my view, it's better to have a bracelet that is the same all the way round so those issues wouldn't occur.
Thank you, I didn't even consider the extra rings!

I agree with @MiniMabel regarding the ability to resize the length due to the ringlets.

However, to wear a mother-of-pearl piece everyday does make it at risk for getting cloudy over time when exposed to water when hand washing and moisture from the skin. And MOP is not the strongest stone. It’s a 3.5 on the Mohs scale which makes it susceptible to scratches or cracks. I’m not a careful person and am very hands on. I work, clean and cook with my bracelets on. I can hit my bracelets quite often which is why my daily bracelet pieces are all solid gold.

Just something to think about!

I agree with @MiniMabel regarding the ability to resize the length due to the ringlets.

However, to wear a mother-of-pearl piece everyday does make it at risk for getting cloudy over time when exposed to water when hand washing and moisture from the skin. And MOP is not the strongest stone. It’s a 3.5 on the Mohs scale which makes it susceptible to scratches or cracks. I’m not a careful person and am very hands on. I work, clean and cook with my bracelets on. I can hit my bracelets quite often which is why my daily bracelet pieces are all solid gold.

Just something to think about!
Thank you! There is a Boucheron bracket in onyx and rose gold. Would that be a better option for daily wear?

Reactions: lill_canele
Wow, those are both beautiful bracelets! I can see why you are having trouble deciding. They are very different in style and color, so it really depends on your personal preference and what you want to wear them with. Here are some of my thoughts:

• The Boucheron serpent boheme bracelet is more delicate and feminine, with a subtle sparkle from the mother of pearl. It has a classic and elegant design that can go with many outfits and occasions. It also has a symbolic meaning of protection and wisdom.
  • The Buccellati opera bracelet is more bold and colorful, with a striking contrast between the blue enamel and the gold. It has a modern and artistic design that can make a statement and stand out. It also has a cultural inspiration from the Italian opera.
Personally, I would go for the Boucheron bracelet because I love the shape and the mother of pearl. But you can’t go wrong with either one. They are both stunning and high quality. Maybe you can try them on in person and see which one speaks to you more. Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: jjgg