Bubble Wrap - because you can never be too obsessive.

LisaG719

Living life...
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Oregon
I just spoke with the mailroom clerk at my work. I am officially snagging shipping bubble wrap to stuff in my bags. :nuts: He said that I would be able to grab some free of charge. :yahoo: I hate that sunken in look that bags get while they are being stored. Now I will be able to keep them shaped and I won't feel as guilty about keeping them in their sleepers. Has anyone else done this? What do you use to keep your bags in shape while they are resting?

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
I think it's best to retain shape in the bags where possible - the canvas LVs can get really saggy...:nogood:

elle tee

Dec 6, 2006
nyc
I have my Speedy stuffed with a rolled-up towel right now because I just got a BH and am using that as my work/day bag and also my weekend bag, so Speedy is getting stored for a while. I don't usually stuff my bags for short-term storage, although I'm starting to because I had a Pucci bag that I didn't stuff and now the silk is all wrinkly and wierd looking. Towels do the trick for me, though, and I always have tons sitting around!

diorgrl

I luv LV n Chanel
O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
Hehe great idea to get extra from work ;) I was thinking of doing the same for my first speedy b/c they actually gave me bubble wrap at LV when I bought my 2nd speedy :smile:

LisaG719

Living life...
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Oregon
I am loving the towel idea. I wish I had extras that I would be able to sacrifice for the cause. My Mezzo would exhaust my supply though. :roflmfao:

I can't wait to see DHs face when I walk through the door with a roll of bubble wrap. :lol:

Jan 23, 2008
Michigan
I stuff all may bags when they are not being used. I made the mistake with my gucci (she wasn't stuffed) and it messed up the shape. So, I over-stuffed her with balled up tissue paper and she looks great. I use tissue paper in all of my bags (white only, of course).

DesigningStyle

I left my heart in Sicily.
O.G.
Dec 20, 2006
NJ, USA
All my LVs are stuffed with bubble wrap when not in use.

Crazy for Bags, I had a GF whose Speedy was so mis-shapened that I confiscated it from her cleaned it up and stuffed it to regain its original shape. It took 1 month of overstuffed-ness for it bounce back!

jen6292

Feb 4, 2008
OR
That's a great idea! But do you really need that with all the changing of bags that you do, LOL!?:roflmfao:

JennMSU

GO STATE!
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
Michigan
i use old t-shirts from teams and clubs that i was a part of -- i'm too sentimental to part w/ them, but i never wear them and don't want them in my closet or drawers so i use them in my bags. perfect!

LisaG719

Living life...
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Oregon

Here is today's haul of bubble wrap. I think I will end up bringing a bunch home each day. :upsidedown:

It is definitely going to take me a little longer when switching between bags. But, it will be totally worth it. Especially for the bags that barely get used.

Attachments

queenmab

Reach for the sun
Sep 25, 2006
Pacific NW
I LOVE the pict of the bubble wrap Lisa :lol: that made my lunchtime!

I use acid free tissue paper to keep all of mine in shape.

Nov 16, 2007
OR
I love the bubble wrap idea. My family owns storage facilities, and we sell moving supplies, so I always have a free stash when I need some, too.

Have to take care of our babies!