Food Bubble Tea

^ definitely possible to make bubble tea yourself. I do it all the time! You just go to usually an asian store and find the pearls and powder for it. I use the magic bullet to mix it all together and drink out of it!

I love bubble tea =]. There's a place call Tea Garden and it's yummy! I also love Tapioca Express in CA. Too bad there isn't one here.

Some of my favorite flavors include THAI TEA! :heart:, CHAI TEA! :heart: (taro chai also yum!), mango, honeydew, and raspberry mixed with other berries. Mmmm so good!
I love the Tea Garden!! :yahoo:
It's 5 minutes from my high school, so we used to go there all the time.
It makes me so depressed that there is no bubble tea in New Orleans, so i've been going there constantly while home on winter break :drool:

My favorite flavors are definitely taro, mango, and royal tea. I went to this place in St. Louis a couple of summers ago that had rose tea, which was amazing!

yeah my place back home used to be called "Bao" and they made these delicious baos- esp the cookie crusted butter baked bao.
the new people dont have the staff to bake, so that kind of stinks

I love the Tea Garden!! :yahoo:
It's 5 minutes from my high school, so we used to go there all the time.
It makes me so depressed that there is no bubble tea in New Orleans, so i've been going there constantly while home on winter break :drool:

My favorite flavors are definitely taro, mango, and royal tea. I went to this place in St. Louis a couple of summers ago that had rose tea, which was amazing!

There used to be a place on Maple Street called Bubble Tea Cafe, but it is now a yogurt place. I am pretty sure there are other bubble tea places though. I know my brother had some in a snowball from somewhere.

i loveee avacado snow bubble from tapioca express. from the sound of it, a lot of people think it's gross. but it's SOOOOO good, just one of those things that sounds nasty but tastes really good! :smile: however, i can't drink it with the pearls/boba because they're so slimy and hard to chew on.

Boba and bubble tea are the same thing. Apparently I don't like to call it boba since i heard it means "nipple" in Chinese... not sure if that's true since I don't know the language. I guess the combination of bubble ball makes it "boba" if I last recall.

me like bubble tea too but i really shouldn't be drinking it now (pregnancy). OT boba in chinese is usually used to refer to big breast. "bo" in cantonese is ball, "ba" in chinese kinda means big (depends on how u use the term ba with) :rolleyes:.

There used to be a place on Maple Street called Bubble Tea Cafe, but it is now a yogurt place. I am pretty sure there are other bubble tea places though. I know my brother had some in a snowball from somewhere.
Unfortunately i'm stuck on the Tulane campus without a car, and cannot go bubble tea hunting :crybaby:

lolitakali, what is the calorie count? i've always been curious and a little worried..

The calories depend on whether you get milk in yours, and what flavours, so I've never been quite sure either.

There's a bubble tea place across the street from my apartment, and some late night (3am) shops within walking distance. :yahoo: Good thing, too, since this thread definitely gave me a craving for some taro tea.

me like bubble tea too but i really shouldn't be drinking it now (pregnancy). OT boba in chinese is usually used to refer to big breast. "bo" in cantonese is ball, "ba" in chinese kinda means big (depends on how u use the term ba with) :rolleyes:.

I don't think it would have a Cantonese translation since it's not a Cantonese-originated food...

"bo" in Chinese (Mandarin, the official language) can also be "treasure" and "ba" can mean "ball." This would make more sense to me, if indeed boba is a thing that originated in China. It seems more Thai to me, however.

^ definitely possible to make bubble tea yourself. I do it all the time! You just go to usually an asian store and find the pearls and powder for it. I use the magic bullet to mix it all together and drink out of it!

I love bubble tea =]. There's a place call Tea Garden and it's yummy! I also love Tapioca Express in CA. Too bad there isn't one here.

Some of my favorite flavors include THAI TEA! :heart:, CHAI TEA! :heart: (taro chai also yum!), mango, honeydew, and raspberry mixed with other berries. Mmmm so good!

Mmmm, thanks! ;)

There are tons of bubble tea places here... my fave is honey-melon milk tea with either the black bubbles or one of the fruity bubbles. A lot of places call the bubbles "pearls".