Bubble hems - still cute in 2008?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Is the dress a keeper?

1. Cute! Keep it.

2. Meh - ebay that thing.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I just bought this Ya Ya dress for $100 - regular $155 but I had a great coupon code :P. It reminded me of this adorable McQueen dress Lily Allen wore once, but at a fraction of the cost! Anyways, I thought it was really cute and would look great with tights in the winter, but was also hoping it would translate well for next Spring / Summer with bare legs and sandals. I'm second guessing my purchase before it even arrives because of the bubble hem, which is a bit 'trendy'. Do you think it will still be cute next year or should I ebay this the second it arrives :confused1: ?

Here is the dress I bought:
    [​IMG]
    Here is the "inspiration" dress by McQ:
    [​IMG]

2. Like the slouch and layerability - I gotta say I don't love the tight band on some of the newer bubble hems though. The black isn't as noticeable though.

3. That is a really cute dress! I love it. Definitely a keeper. You can wear it so many ways. You can wear it out at night. If I wore that during the daytime, I would layer with a cardigan over the dress and long leggings with boots.

4. ooh i like the dress!

5. Too 80's to me. If you're 25, maybe- over 25, not a chance, even with lots of accessorizing.
    I think the current trend is less fuss, more classic lines. Just my opinion.

6. i really like it :smile:

7. Your dress is super cute! I wish it didn't have the zippered pockets but it is hardly noticable. Make sure you give the same sassy pose & glare as the model when people look at you, so they dare not say bubble hems are out of style! LOL

8. ^ LOL!

I love the dress! I own a few bubble hemmed dresses and I plan on wearing them again. For now, they look so hot with tights and bootie!

9. Thanks for your opinions everyone! I'm on the high end of the 18-24 age bracket (ha ha) so I was wondering if it were too immature for me or something, since the style is pretty "fun". I agree with the comment about not loving the pockets so much... but they're pretty camouflaged. I guess I'll know when it arrives, if I feel silly in it, I think Revolve Clothing has a good return policy?

10. Cute! I think the band on the bottom actually makes it more wearable than a true bubble hem, like the McQ one. I have a similar one (from H&M) with the banded hem and you can pull it up higher on your thighs to give it more of a bubble shape or pull it lower to make it less poufy (which also means you can keep wearing it after bubble dresses are declared out.

I'm also over 25.

11. I absolutely love Bubble hem dresses. I'm 28 at the moment and definitely do not think they're better suited for under 25s. I think it's all about how you wear and style/accessorise the dress. My favourite bubble dress at the moment is this Betsey Johnson dress, does anyone know if this is from Betsey's lastest line, last line or from 2 lines ago? They're all sold out in my size, I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere :crybaby:

[​IMG]

I also love this Sass & Bide bubble hem dress which i wore to death this past winter with opaque stockings andankle boots and am planning on wearing it to death during summer as well with flat sandals and bare legs ;)

[​IMG]

12. Keep it!
    Its really cute:tup:

x

13. cute! keep it.