Bubble gum pink???

jeannie77

Mar 3, 2006
Hey guys, do you know if there was a color called "bubble gum" in the 2005 summer city collection?

I'm watching this city bag on e-bay and the color is a darker shade of pink than the rosa color which is what I like about it but wasn't sure if Balenciaga actually ever had a bubble gum color. (The seller said that it was called bubble gum and that it was from the '05 summer collection)

Could someone comment on this?

Yes, that would be me too. I posted that on seller watch but wanted to get a seperate opinion on the color and season. :smile: What do you think of the color? I really wanted a pink bag for some time, but is it "too" pink???

jeannie77 said:
Yes, that would be me too. I posted that on seller watch but wanted to get a seperate opinion on the color and season. :smile: What do you think of the color? I really wanted a pink bag for some time, but is it "too" pink???

My opinion ... YUCK!! I remember when this color came out, I was at Harvey Nicks in London and all I could think of was that it looked like chewed Bazooka Gum ... that kind of sickening Pink color. Personally, if you are looking for a color in the Reddish-Pink color family, I would steer more towards the Rose or Lilac colors.

The other think that I found about this color, was that the dyeing of the leather seemed uneven (at least the bags that I looked at).

Jeannie77,
you might like the 04' lilac. Its the one "Lindsey Lohan" has. If your interested, I'm selling mine. You can see all of the pics. of it off of the e-bay listing where I bought it from. The item #is 6847399814 and the seller was bertiebluebird.

ranskimmie said:
Jeannie77,
you might like the 04' lilac. Its the one "Lindsey Lohan" has. If your interested, I'm selling mine. You can see all of the pics. of it off of the e-bay listing where I bought it from. The item #is 6847399814 and the seller was bertiebluebird.

that is such a fabulous bag!!!! rans, why are you selling it if I may ask? I am very sorry for asking I am new to this forum.

I have an authentic one which I bought from Holeycheeze from ebay. It's been authenticated by the local boutique. Here's a picture from the auction page which I saved.
bb2.jpg

See... that's the thing. Ladies, do you really think this color is horrific? (I'm sort of in a pink-phase right now... :sad: ) TammyD, how do you like it? Is the color much prettier in real life?

jeannie77 said:
See... that's the thing. Ladies, do you really think this color is horrific? (I'm sort of in a pink-phase right now... :sad: ) TammyD, how do you like it? Is the color much prettier in real life?

It is the most beautiful, fun color. You hardly see luxury fashion houses make their bags in pink leather like this, except for Chanel. I totally love it. Loved it the moment I saw it. But it was sold out by the time I wanted to buy it from the boutique, so I had to hunt it down on ebay.

I also have the Celine boogie bag in the limited ed pink pebbled calfskin from last Summer. It is also one of the most beautiful bags I have ever seen. I'll try and post a picture soon. I'm using it right now

ooh... pink boogie sounds gorgeous! I saw a shopper type pink leather bag at Prada last year but haven't seen anything in Celine. Anyways, I'm glad you like the bubble gum color cuz I just purchased it! I'm excited and can't wait for it to come!!!

I'm now somewhat relieved about my color choice! Thanks for all the comments from bubblegum owners. (although CeeJay I appreciate your opinion too!) I love this forum!!! :smile: