Bryan Ferry - Please don't ever die

Deco

O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
After the brutally unexpected losses we had in 2016 (Bowie, Prince, George Michael most impactful for me), I've been paranoid about losing some of my other idols. For some reason, Bryan Ferry's been on my mind a lot lately. It occurred to me he was over 70, and he could go at any moment, and panic has set in. I played Ferry and Roxy nonstop all weekend, and it was great to see my 16 month old dancing away to the good old stuff.

So rather than wait to start a thread only to announce his passing (which hopefully won't happen for at least another 20 years), I'm starting one now to celebrate him while he's still with us, and still making great music. His last album a couple years ago was very very very good, though you can hear his voice is shaky and has aged. :crybaby:

And let's not forget what serious eye candy he was for so many decades, and even now I find him sexy. A true original with talent galore.

You can all thank me that I didn't start a thread on James Hetfield, cuz he's not as easy on the eyes.

2EA3378100000578-3325525-image-a-37_1448027189199.jpg

3_14.jpg

Frantic2.jpg

ferryny.jpg

bryan-ferry11.jpg

tumblr_m33pusmWQb1qa1iiqo1_1280.jpg

He's super underrated. Roxy Music and his own solo work is AMAZING and for some reason, they/he are never grouped in with the standard idols like Zeppelin, The Stones, The Beatles, etc.

He's super underrated. Roxy Music and his own solo work is AMAZING and for some reason, they/he are never grouped in with the standard idols like Zeppelin, The Stones, The Beatles, etc.
Vastly underrated. They were much more cutting edge/innovative than so many others, and influenced so many others. I think it comes down to sales. They were never the big hit makers and stadium fillers. But in terms of pure singing talent, having a recognizable signature voice, a unique sound, Bryan is peerless.

Let's also not forget Brian Eno, king of ambient music and the producer behind U2, Cold Play, Talking Heads and Bowie, among others, got his start in Roxy Music.

f308d9d48d7bffa05c9683dce82c3547.jpg

Byrne-Eno-1977.jpg

U2enopassengerslondon11-1994ACsm.jpg

2288047893_small_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanilla Bean