Brushed hardware SO or regular?

mudmud

The Orange Wiggle
O.G.
Oct 13, 2006
Hi everyone, I have noticed some Birkin bags actually come with brushed hardware instead of polished hardware. I have never seen one in real life and I'm wondering how rare are these?

Does Hermes make them only when specified for an SO or do they come into the stores as regular stock as well?

Any information would be much appreciated! Thank you ladies!

truly i have heard of this but imagined it was some sort of urban myth or so..... if it is there i guess it is a SO and i would certainly consider
it i wish someone can confirm its existance it may just change my next special orders thankyou .

Thanks siuman and birkel, yes the brushed (or matte hardware in other words) hardware exist. It just look like brushed metal as in watch cases/bracelets, they can be shiny (polished) or brushed (matte).

I have never seen one in real person, and even a search here cannot find more than a few references to matte/brushed hardware. I guess it must be EXTREMELY rare!

MudM--

I've seen a few from time to time, in-store, but they are rare animals.
I believe the official terminology is brusse (brushed in Fr; sp???). It has a matte finish.
Unless the store manager orders their regular stock in brushed hardware, if you love this finish, I believe it would have to be a S.O.
Good luck!

Reactions: GGNoodles
Yes, Brushed Palladium Hardware is available from Hermes.
Stay tuned for my reveal coming this week and you will see this hardware :smile:.
Waiting for my orange box to arrive :sunnies

I have brushed palladium hw on my barenia birkin and it is gorgeous! I'm off to bed now but will try to post some pix tomorrow. I think it depend on the bag...the brushed makes it feel more casual to me...I think it looks perfect on barenia for example. :smile:

I just love brushed palladium, see my avatar pic. It gives a certain edgy look to an otherwise formal bag. If I ever decide to get another HAC, it will definitely have brushed palladium HW.

I also have two 35cm birkins with brushed palladium HDW (this is the official terminlolgy)- rouge garrance and black togo. Both were SO and took years to get. To me, the silver looks like sterling silver with a patina. I prefer it to the shiney.

Here's the black birkin I got recently after a 4 year wait:

black birkin 002.jpg

black birkin 001.jpg