Bruno Mars

I really love this guy...he is talented, has charisma, and is just a great all-around entertainer. I also really like his sidekick/co-producer Philip Lawrence. They are sooo goofy together...it's funny to watch them interact.

It was being reported that his 3rd single was going to be "The Lazy Song," but now they're saying it will be "Liquor Store Blues." I'm not sure which is true because within the last 2 weeks he has shot videos for both songs...??!!

I really love this guy...he is talented, has charisma, and is just a great all-around entertainer. I also really like his sidekick/co-producer Philip Lawrence. They are sooo goofy together...it's funny to watch them interact.

It was being reported that his 3rd single was going to be "The Lazy Song," but now they're saying it will be "Liquor Store Blues." I'm not sure which is true because within the last 2 weeks he has shot videos for both songs...??!!

It looks like the third single will be "Liquor Store Blues." Bruno's official site is going to announce the premiere pretty soon.

I like watching the YouTube videos of Philip and Bruno so thank you for sharing, fiatflux!

BTW the tickets for the Hooligans In Wondaland Tour with Janelle Monae went on sale today so I hope everyone who wants to go will get some tickets!

It looks like the third single will be "Liquor Store Blues." Bruno's official site is going to announce the premiere pretty soon.

I like watching the YouTube videos of Philip and Bruno so thank you for sharing, fiatflux!

BTW the tickets for the Hooligans In Wondaland Tour with Janelle Monae went on sale today so I hope everyone who wants to go will get some tickets!

I got tickets for early entry (general admission) in the presale...wish I could've gotten the meet-n-greet tickets, but those were sold out by the time I found out about the presale... :P

So do you have any idea what happened with the single decision? He recorded the video to "The Lazy Song," performed it at the NBA All-Star game, and there were several news articles last week about it being his next single. I am thinking he must've changed his mind and decided "Liquor Store Blues" was a better choice. I really wanna hear the story on this sometime if he chooses to tell it. ;)

I got tickets for early entry (general admission) in the presale...wish I could've gotten the meet-n-greet tickets, but those were sold out by the time I found out about the presale... :P

So do you have any idea what happened with the single decision? He recorded the video to "The Lazy Song," performed it at the NBA All-Star game, and there were several news articles last week about it being his next single. I am thinking he must've changed his mind and decided "Liquor Store Blues" was a better choice. I really wanna hear the story on this sometime if he chooses to tell it. ;)

I got the early entry bundle during the pre-sale too. That's what I was aiming for but I would have loved to get the meet & greet tickets myself! I'm not complaining because I got mine and maybe I'll be lucky enough to meet him someday. :graucho:

I honestly don't know what's going on with "The Lazy Song" video either. I like "The Lazy Song" and "Liquor Store Blues" but I think "Liquor Store Blues" is the stronger choice out of the two. I'm wondering if it went the same route as Santogold/Santigold's "Creator." It got strong buzz and lots of airplay in shows & commercials... they even filmed the video but the video apparently didn't do the song justice. So they scrapped it & went with "L.E.S. Artistes" as a single instead.

I'd love to hear why they changed the single order as well.

IA that the "Liquor Store Blues" video could have been better.

Check out the alternate version of "The Lazy Song" video with Mr. Nimoy. Amazing!

^ Hey, you're very welcome, HeartMyMJs! :biggrin:

I have been meaning to share but I saw Bruno Mars, Janelle Monae and Mayer Hawthorne on 5/27. Everything about the show was epic! Plan B was supposed to be there but Mayer Hawthorne was there instead. I'm not too familiar with Mayer's music but I really enjoyed what I heard. MH pimped his after party DJ show but I was "meh" about going haha! I've always been a big fan of Janelle and she rocked it!

Just as a refresher, I got the Early Entry bundle for the Bruno Mars show... but I stood outside in the cold for 2 straight hours waiting for my wristband. At least I got in early, scored a free poster/fan club membership and got a great view.

I was at the very front of the General Admission floor right behind the barrier. So I was as close to Bruno, Janelle & Mayer as possible... especially for this epicness. He even did this in ~*slow motion*~. :tup:

Well congrats & have fun! That whole concert was solid and it was amazing to be that close to the action! :woohoo:

Adorable 4-year old Bruno AKA the World's Youngest Elvis Impersonator in an interview with his Dad