Browns website annoyance

coco13

Jul 28, 2006
I recently ordered the Chloe studded slouch boots (half price) on the Browns website. I waited, but nothing. I e-mailed three times and phoned and left two messages but could never speak to anyone. After three weeks someone called and left a message saying they had sold out. I have checked the website and they are still showing as available! I have decided to never use them again as I was so excited about getting them, and then so cross at being let down. :cursing: I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this type of customer service (it has happened to me twice from Browns) because when I use NAP/matches etc. they are perfect.

Yes, they never answer e-mails from my experience. It's quite annoying since they have so many lovely things on their website. Matches & NAP are both wonderful! Anyhow, sorry you weren't able to get your boots.

I think they have a problem with keeping up with stock. I bought a necklace in the sale from the shop and it was the last one. That was a few weeks ago and its still showing on the website! Sorry, hope you find the boots somewhere else.

They should have a least emailed you to say they were out of stock then you could have tried to find them elsewhere. I would not shop there if that's how they treat their customers.

I've only ever ordered one item from Browns and that was a Pucci sarong, and it arrived the next day via UPS. I'm just wondering whether these problems are more frequent during sale times? That's neither here nor there though, I think a lot of established shops that have set up online ordering systems should get their act together a bit more because otherwise they're going to have a lot of unhappy customers.

Sorry you had to go through all this, I'd be livid if it were me.

It's a pity when you desire something so beautiful as some boots and the website isn't properly design.

At least they should give more that a simple: "sold out" message. It wasn't your fail. All that I can imagine is that they don't care about customers.

I hope you can find another place the boots.

That's annoying. One of the things I admire about NAP is how slick their operation is - sometimes I have things in my wishlist that have that little message

'Only a few left, BUY NOW'

And then I purchase that item and the minute later when I check my wishlist, it says that item is sold out. Cool huh.

I have purchased from Browns before but only once - maybe sale time is a bit crazy... I prefer Matches and NAP overall. NAP has the best website and service but Matches is also pretty good and has more brands that suit my personal style...