brown spot removal

I'm in the middle of doing IPL but its going to cost me more than I thought. $200.00 per treatment times probably 4 times.
Doing IPL because I don't want the places where the spots were to be a different color which is what was told laser would do. IPL takes the brown out & leaves the skin tone intact.

Vegas, how many treatments have you done? What kind of IPL machine is it? I saw a nurse who has the Palomar Starlux if I recall correctly. I am interested but only if it's going to totally remove or drastically reduce the brown pigmentation on my skin.
Do they run the IPL on your entire face or only the pigmented spots?

Sorry about the delay getting back.

I've had one treatment so far, she zapped my skin several times. (Have 2 spots) By how much the first treatment did is how I'm estimating it'll take 4. One spot is on my hand & one near wrist. Have one on my face which has diminished because of fraxel laser treatments. Think I'll have her hit what's left of that one to, so it doesn't come back.

Don't know what kind of machine she has, will ask next facial in a couple of weeks.

I pretty much stayed out of the sun so don't have the normal spots going on someone who did go in the sun has. So haven't done the whole face.

JMO - don't go to anyone who isn't a PS or derm for this stuff. Lots of these drs are trying to generate revenue for their office so they buy a 'machine' & do a weekend training class on how it works. Or hire one of their friends to run it. This happened to me about 6 years ago. A dr that I liked (gp) had one machine that did everything & that's what I needed. lol What a waste of my time & money. It was an IPL machine & the girl that ran it didn't like how people 'jumped' when it hit their skin so she turned it way down so it did nothing. It feel like a rubberband hitting your skin which is more sensitive on your face than your hand etc.

Forgot to post my skin issues were dullness. I needed a deep peel of some kind, not IPL treatments. The dr didn't have the machine I needed but putting money in her pocket was more important than giving the customer what they needed. (She lost me as a patient, no longer trust a dr who has those kind of ethics)
My advice is go to a doctor who has a number of different machines & they can use the one that is best for you. Bought a fraxel package from a PS & love the results!

I have had excellent results from the IPL treatments ~ infact I need to go back soon.

awhile back I ordered a bottle of glycolic Acid Exfoliator by Laura Chem and that works well on the one spot I have that has faded quite a bit. The product comes in different strengths but it's probably better to go see a professional when using this product.

i was intially planning on getting ipl, but after meeting with my derm, he had other suggestions. he had me use tri-luma to see how that helped. within a WEEK the lightening of my brown spots was amazing. my sister said, you should have done that YEARS ago! it was THAT noticable. After that worked, i then had a few chemical peels. between the peels, the triluma, and constant, constant use of sunblock (even a day without it can bring the brown out), the results are unbelievable. i may have one more peel, and then just maintain with the tri-luma and block. my peel scost between 125 and 150, and a tube of triluma was 180, but will last me a very, very long time. best money i have spent.

i spent a small fortune on spa grade items, but they just didn't touch my issues. i suggest seeing a dermatologist! gl! it can and will improve!

^^Interesting that you mention triluma. I am using it for the second time in about 1.5 years. The first time I got really good results using it only on the dark areas although I hated the peeling effect. I just started it again about 1.5 or 2 weeks ago this time using nightly it on almost my whole face instead of just trying to get the little brown spots. Not only am I getting great results with pigmentation but my skin looks luminous! I LOVE the results. But again, I hate the peeling skin. I try to exfoliate and moisturize at least once a day but I still peel a little. And I'm paranoid about the sun while I use triluma, I use 85 SPF every day.

I want to eventually ask a derm if peels, microderm, IPL, fraxel etc. would be best for removing pigmentation. Side benefits of removing fine lines and brightening skin would be great too. Any suggestions among the above list?

^^^ i am vain. so once i saw the results with the triluma, i wanted more. that's where the chem peels started. the first one was awful. but after that, not bad at all. i am using a clarisonic thing to help with the peeling- and it is.

i am using retin a at night, and putting tri luma on what's left of my spots during the day. then i use neutrogena dry sunblock spf 15. it is great. i will double check the name. i used to use the loreal one with mexoryl- very expensive, but good. but i actually like the neutrogena one better- which is about $9 vs. $65. it works as well, and bare escentuals goes on even better than with the loreal one. (i ordered mine from eu, didn't buy the us one.) i wash with the clarisonic with the sensitive or mild brush once a day, sometimes twice. i can not tell you how much better my skin is. i really thought i was stuck with a spotty face forever!!!

Haha, I use the same Neutrogena dry touch sunblock SPF 85. I really like it too. It's a little greasy but probably because I use too much. If I use it sparingly it really does absorb and leave a dry smooth feeling.

try the 55 for everyday use. it is great- i use 75 when i'm going to be outside outside- park, running, etc. and it is much greasier. but the 55 is really perfect for everyday and it keeps the sun away! (derm recommendation!)