Brown or white gaucho tote?????

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
8,224
2
49
Fabulous Las Vegas
Daisy said:
Thanks, ILTS! I love it more each day. :love:

I'm curious if anyone has been able to find a tote in the stores. I wonder if they actually sold out on eluxury so quickly (there were on there very briefly) or did they remove them for some reason?
Dior at Bellagio in Las Vegas had a white tote over the weekend.
 

bella1

O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
656
0
I thought it was very cute and chic when I saw Jessica Alba wearing it in white. I think you can really see the details and the outer shape of the linings on the bag well in white. It'd be a great spring/summer everyday casual/trendy bag.
 
Jan 10, 2006
315
5
Definitely Red. It is an awesome color. I am on the waiting list for a red tote. I was talking with the Saks-Houston Dior people yesterday and they have warned people that are buying the red to be careful when wearing light colored clothing of having the purse held close to the body due to the dye can rub off. I thought that was worth knowing.
 

Kat

Member
Dec 13, 2005
8,229
7
georgiegirl said:
Definitely Red. It is an awesome color. I am on the waiting list for a red tote. I was talking with the Saks-Houston Dior people yesterday and they have warned people that are buying the red to be careful when wearing light colored clothing of having the purse held close to the body due to the dye can rub off. I thought that was worth knowing.
My red medium gaucho just arrived today. Thanks for the heads-up.:P
 

purple310

Member
Jan 22, 2006
36
0
I didn't think much of the white or brown but when I saw the red, I was very taken aback. The red one is very beautiful.
 

ilovetoshop

Member
Feb 9, 2006
209
0
41
Houston,TX
Thanks you guys for all your great feedbacks and after looking at the brown it just wasnt doing it for me and have decided on Red and yes georgiegirl I have also been worn by the SA that the dye might rub off....that kinda frightens me also. I also love the white but I already have white handbags and didn't want another one in white. Do you guys think the Red would be a good purchase?????:idea: Does anyone who have the red in any style have been noticing the dye rubbing off yet???
 

ilovetoshop

Member
Feb 9, 2006
209
0
41
Houston,TX
Oh and I forgot to mention that for those who have the white be careful of dark clothing rubbing off onto the handbag especially dark jeans I have had this happen to me and the SA said that if the dye does rub onto the purse they can not return it or exchange it because it is not a defect on the purse.....So heads up;) What to do again??? Red or white now????
 

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
8,224
2
49
Fabulous Las Vegas
Well, if it were me, I'd go for neither. I had that happen to my cognac spy....the color started rubbing off in areas right smack on the front where it could be seen and it looked awful. It made me sick for as much as I spent on it....thank goodness NM took it back. You're so right about the denim rub-off on the white...had it happen to me on a white bag. It's up to you.....your money, but it'd make me think twice. Wonder why the red rubs off?
 

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
8,224
2
49
Fabulous Las Vegas
Here's another thought....maybe wait for the release of fall colors. Someone posted a pic on Fashion Spot of the gaucho in black for the fall. It was a runway pic....it was very nice.
 
Jan 10, 2006
315
5
girlsgottoshop said:
Well, if it were me, I'd go for neither. I had that happen to my cognac spy....the color started rubbing off in areas right smack on the front where it could be seen and it looked awful. It made me sick for as much as I spent on it....thank goodness NM took it back. You're so right about the denim rub-off on the white...had it happen to me on a white bag. It's up to you.....your money, but it'd make me think twice. Wonder why the red rubs off?

The SA at Saks told me that it is the vegetable dyes that everyone is using to dye the leathers these gorgeous colors. I have a chocolate chloe and he told me that I would have to worry about it too. Also, he didn't act like I would notice the dye coming off the bag itself, just on my light colored clothing if I wasn't careful. I've still kept my name on the list for a red tote. It's a gorgeous bag and color.
 

Daisy

Member
Oct 18, 2005
1,179
3
ilovetoshop said:
Oh and I forgot to mention that for those who have the white be careful of dark clothing rubbing off onto the handbag especially dark jeans I have had this happen to me and the SA said that if the dye does rub onto the purse they can not return it or exchange it because it is not a defect on the purse.....So heads up;) What to do again??? Red or white now????
Still white. :smile:
 

PGN

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
1,714
1
Saw the white today and I LOVED it! I liked the medium and the tote better- I have a tote on order. The large seemed cumbersome to get into with the flaps.
 

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
8,224
2
49
Fabulous Las Vegas
georgiegirl said:
The SA at Saks told me that it is the vegetable dyes that everyone is using to dye the leathers these gorgeous colors. I have a chocolate chloe and he told me that I would have to worry about it too. Also, he didn't act like I would notice the dye coming off the bag itself, just on my light colored clothing if I wasn't careful. I've still kept my name on the list for a red tote. It's a gorgeous bag and color.
I have a chocolate Chloe silverado and have used it to death....I've never had ANY color come off.....I really don't think you have to worry about that bag.