Brown or beige? Please help me decide.

*So.Cal*girl

Dec 27, 2008
I'm deciding between the brown lambskin vintage jumbo flap with GH or the new beige clair caviar jumbo flap with GH for my next purchase. I have not seen these IRL & am planning on only one bag from this color family.

Do you think the brown is too "old" looking? Do you think the beige might be too light (I feel it might wash me out as I am so pale & petite)...maybe I'll eventually tire of it...or maybe it's too high maintenance?

My small collection consists of a black XL vintage jumbo, the 09C red jumbo flap, & matte black 226 reissue with GH. I'm planning on selling my black M/L flap (since I have more than enough black bags) to partially fund for this bag. Which bag do you think I should add to my collection?

Thanks so much for your input.

beige clair! not really that hi-maintenance as you think... its my most complimented (and stared at!) chanel :love:
^ I haven't seen it IRL, only pics on here. Is it closer to an off white color or tan? I tend to wear darker colors so I have reservations about color transfer. I like the brown because it's vintage. It seems like it was made better than the current collection?

In Cali too and I think that the beige clair would complement any outfit, day or night. I find lighter colors to also be more versatile.

The dark brown w/ gold hardware looks a bit too..hmm.."mature"..

^ I haven't seen it IRL, only pics on here. Is it closer to an off white color or tan? I tend to wear darker colors so I have reservations about color transfer. I like the brown because it's vintage. It seems like it was made better than the current collection?

in daylight, off-white to ecru. while in darker areas, it has an apricot-ish tinge. definitely not tan... so young and fresh, esp divine w/ gh ;)

oh btw, i actually luv wearing dark colors w/ it. makes the bag stand out! just keep a small pack of alcohol-free baby wipes in handy and you're safe :biggrin:

Last edited: