Brown Boy with Gold- help on how to wear brown?!

Ok ladies.. just for future ref if anyone is interested. There are indeed two similar bags out at the moment! That is why I was a little confused about the hardwear. I had seen the lambskin in one shop and the caviar in another!

One is a caramel dark beige/tan with gold hardwear in Lambskin and the other is a caramel brown with antiqued gold hardwear in Caviar!!

Personally I prefer the gold hardwear that comes with the lambskin but I prefer the color of the caviar bag as it is more true brown. I feel the lambskin is a tiny bit yellowy for my tastes.

Ok ladies.. just for future ref if anyone is interested. There are indeed two similar bags out at the moment! That is why I was a little confused about the hardwear. I had seen the lambskin in one shop and the caviar in another!

One is a caramel dark beige/tan with gold hardwear in Lambskin and the other is a caramel brown with antiqued gold hardwear in Caviar!!

Personally I prefer the gold hardwear that comes with the lambskin but I prefer the color of the caviar bag as it is more true brown. I feel the lambskin is a tiny bit yellowy for my tastes.
WOWZERS !! Gorgeous boys!! Drooling .... I love the lambskin one!! Stunning!!! What are you deciding on mapleluxe? I decided to pass on the boy, I may regret it down the road. But I recently acquired a few Chanels & it's time for a Chanel break :sad:
In addition, one thing did bother me about the bag & it only takes one tiny thing for me.... Its the interior...the cloth ivory material on the inside. I just see it getting dirty. I'm not rough on my bags, but when putting my cellphone, receipts, keys inside... I fear it getting dingy. When buying a chanel if one thing isn't to my liking I don't get it. But honestly I absolutely think it's a gorgeous boy!!!!

Last edited:
WOWZERS !! Gorgeous boys!! Drooling .... I love the lambskin one!! Stunning!!! What are you deciding on mapleluxe? I decided to pass on the boy, I may regret it down the road. But I recently acquired a few Chanels & it's time for a Chanel break :sad:
In addition, one thing did bother me about the bag & it only takes one tiny thing for me.... Its the interior...the cloth ivory material on the inside. I just see it getting dirty. I'm not rough on my bags, but when putting my cellphone, receipts, keys inside... I fear it getting dingy. When buying a chanel if one thing isn't to my liking I don't get it. But honestly I absolutely think it's a gorgeous boy!!!!

I'm going for darker purely because I like lambskin for red and true beige. For this color and how I intend to use and abuse it I think I need the caviar. Also for winter I think it might hold up better god forbid I get rained on!!
I know exactly what you mean. It is such a shame they didn't at least go darker if they were planning on a fabric lining. I also get a bit upset at the first sign of dirt.. edges of light colored wallets kill me!! I so understand about the Chanel ban. They are pricy I am on a break now too.

It is so funny, Poohbag, because you are the reason I wanted a brown boy to begin with from your reveal last year! I was always looking at everything on TPF, but never really participated, because I was too tired with the babies, etc. I 100 percent agree with how you style it. That is exactly how I am styling mine right now and will with the moto boots, etc in fall. It really is a great color!! I LOVE yours!!

Thanks JE2824! I'm so excited to hear my brown boy had a hand in you getting your brown boy! :graucho: :yahoo::hugs: Yours is truly gorgeous---I love the lighter shade even more than mine and the caviar is so beautiful! The boy is perfect with kids too!

And so awesome OP is your bag twin as well! I guess I'll be the bag cousin! :smile:

I just wanted to thank JE2824 for finding me one of the light brown boy's. Your SA was very nice and sent me pictures of it too. Can't wait to get it :smile:

And poohbag, I just went back and looked at your brown boy..OMG LOVE! If I could get my hands on that, I would..lol. GORGEOUS!

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank JE2824 for finding me one of the light brown boy's. Your SA was very nice and sent me pictures of it too. Can't wait to get it :smile:

Awww! I am happy to help! I have had a lot of helping hands as well. Looks like there are going to be quintuplets on this forum with the brown boy! :hugs::yahoo::drinkup::sunnies