Brown Boy with Gold- help on how to wear brown?!

MapleLuxe

Nov 30, 2013
I have always gone for colorful, dark blue or black bags but I have been lusting over the caramel mid brown (sometimes referred to dark beige) boy bag that comes with gold hardwear. A few ladies have posted pics recently of it in the boy thread. I saw it in London last week and I got a text from my SA here that that also have it.

Visually its delicious! I have to say I am so drawn to the color and i cant stop thinking about it. But I had it I wouldnt know how to wear it! The only brown thing I own is a LV neverfull for the beach!!

Brown and beige are a whole new territory to me especially as its coming up to winter season and clothes are getting darker. Does anyone have any outfit photos with brown/beige with gold? Any advice? How would you wear that boy? Can you mix brown and black?

MapleLuxe

Nov 30, 2013
Do you have a lot of clothes in blue or red? eg. Dark blue jeans, saphire blue top and the chanel! :biggrin:
Nothing in red but blue yes!! I love the look of beige and brown and want to be a brown person... but I need training!!

Update- am sitting in Chanel with a beige ghw medium flap and the brown boy ghw medium. The boy's metal is antiqued and a bit dirtier looking than I expected! Hmmmm im actually thinking beige would be the easier color to learn how to wear.

Last edited:

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
I also like the combination of light cream/beige pants with navy/blue or red top + caramel bag. Pair this with sexy heels and you have a great outfit :biggrin:

Also, caramel colours go well with light floral print dresses or navy dresses.

I would have a good look at your wardrobe, see if you can find at least 3 outfits you could wear with it before you consider buying...

impulsive

Apr 3, 2013
I have only seen pictures of this color, but too me it's a neutral. Will go with anything all year long! That's a bonus! Also, I would not let the fabric on the inside be the only thing that keeps you from getting this bag. I agree it would be prettier on the inside if it were leather, but then more expensive and heavier. If you love the color and boy style then I would get it. Good luck!

Hopeach

Oct 20, 2013
Pittsburgh
I agree that it's neutral and would go with just about anything and it's a great year round color. The color is just perfect IMO. I myself am going to text my SA and see if they have any, I am totally in love with the light brown boy. Unfortunately there are no Chanel boutiques or any stores that sell Chanel in my state, so I had to start an out of state customer relationship with an SA. I would love to go look in person instead of relying on pictures. Good luck!

JE2824

Jan 30, 2014
Hi Maplelux, I have that boy. I think you commented on the thread..not sure right now. Anyway, I have tan sandals to compliment it in summer. I wear white, grey, black, cream tshirt or blouses, with jeans or jean shorts, brown belt brown sandals. I had on a white
dress the other day that it looked great with! For fall I will pair with cream, black, grey sweaters and jeans with my isabel marant dicker boots in taupe and cognac. I'm kind of a casual chic dresser. I know you girls were wanting more of a gold finish but I think the antique gold really compliments the bag as they are supposed to be casual and a little edgy. I have received more compliments on this light brown caviar Chanel than any other bag I have owned. Trust me!! This is not one I was expecting to love so much, but it works. Let me know what you decide!! GL

JE2824

Jan 30, 2014
Look under the thread I started... A boy I thought I would never fall for a few pages, I think 3 back.. Hth I will try and post more photos today.

I will also pair with Brown riding boots in winter with skinny jeans. I think if you have the shoes to tie it in. It goes with really everything!!

Last edited:

MapleLuxe

Nov 30, 2013
Thanks for the responses ladies. I seriously want to go clothes shopping now :lol: you've given me a few ideas on how to spruce up the clothes situation too.

I left Chanel confident I love the brown (and the beige classic but that is always on the 'want' list) and want it but will call my London SA just to make sure I am not imagining that I saw a different type of gold hardwear in Sloane Street. Its very comfortable in a medium size and even in the large. Will most likely go for it I just need to decide on sizing.

I have a lot of jumbo classic flaps and medium boy bags. Do I shake it up and go for the large boy or does the gold pop more in the medium? I am up for suggestions.. Anyone have any preference of sizing with the shade?

Needlv- you may in future just have to in general give me clothing advice as you seem to understand color combining in a way I do not! :lol:

JE2824- Yes I think it was you who started my obsession with the bag!! White top and tan sandals.. that look worked so well and is something I can do!! Im not surprised you get so many more compliments wearing it.. its so unique. I think the leather just looks so special in the color.. the gran and everything just looks how leather should!!

Impulsive- I never thought about that. You are so correct.. leather interior would seriously weigh it down especially in larger sizes. Thanks for pointing that out!!!

Hopeach- keep me updated on what you decide. I am so curious to see what you think when you contact you SA and maybe what they suggest to you. What size are you thinking of?

JE2824

Jan 30, 2014
I own all "old medium" boys. I prefer that size bc I'm 5'4" and on the smaller side. However, I loved the new medium on me too in the caviar! It was a weird illusion and it did not look too big on me for once. They sold that one so I opted for old medium, but I think either would look great. My other bags are jumbos or reissue 226 sizes. Hth! Go for it maple luxe!! Keep us posted.

Hopeach

Oct 20, 2013
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the responses ladies. I seriously want to go clothes shopping now :lol: you've given me a few ideas on how to spruce up the clothes situation too.

I left Chanel confident I love the brown (and the beige classic but that is always on the 'want' list) and want it but will call my London SA just to make sure I am not imagining that I saw a different type of gold hardwear in Sloane Street. Its very comfortable in a medium size and even in the large. Will most likely go for it I just need to decide on sizing.

I have a lot of jumbo classic flaps and medium boy bags. Do I shake it up and go for the large boy or does the gold pop more in the medium? I am up for suggestions.. Anyone have any preference of sizing with the shade?

Needlv- you may in future just have to in general give me clothing advice as you seem to understand color combining in a way I do not! :lol:

JE2824- Yes I think it was you who started my obsession with the bag!! White top and tan sandals.. that look worked so well and is something I can do!! Im not surprised you get so many more compliments wearing it.. its so unique. I think the leather just looks so special in the color.. the gran and everything just looks how leather should!!

Impulsive- I never thought about that. You are so correct.. leather interior would seriously weigh it down especially in larger sizes. Thanks for pointing that out!!!

Hopeach- keep me updated on what you decide. I am so curious to see what you think when you contact you SA and maybe what they suggest to you. What size are you thinking of?

I have a black boy in the new medium and love it, but I think I will probably end up going with the old medium for this one. Unfortunately, my SA wasn't working today. Hopefully tomorrow she can send me some pictures..if they have any available. /crossing fingers! JE2824 is the one who made me fall in love with the color too, and I have so many shoes that would match perfectly, I must have! lol

poohbag

O.G.
May 6, 2008
Based on other's mod shots here of this gorgeous boy I have seen recently, I think it's a great neutral and versatile color! I have a darker brown old medium boy with antiqued GHW from last year and I find the bag easy to work with! I can do either girly look worn with a dress and flats or more biker paired with my short moto boots. I mostly pair it with anything white, cream/beige, black, etc. and I think this year's brown is even easier. I also have a reissue tote that is in a lighter brown/taupey color and it is my work tote. The color goes with everything. I wear whatever I happen to have on that day and I have never found that bag to clash with anything!

JE2824

Jan 30, 2014
Based on other's mod shots here of this gorgeous boy I have seen recently, I think it's a great neutral and versatile color! I have a darker brown old medium boy with antiqued GHW from last year and I find the bag easy to work with! I can do either girly look worn with a dress and flats or more biker paired with my short moto boots. I mostly pair it with anything white, cream/beige, black, etc. and I think this year's brown is even easier. I also have a reissue tote that is in a lighter brown/taupey color and it is my work tote. The color goes with everything. I wear whatever I happen to have on that day and I have never found that bag to clash with anything!
It is so funny, Poohbag, because you are the reason I wanted a brown boy to begin with from your reveal last year! I was always looking at everything on TPF, but never really participated, because I was too tired with the babies, etc. I 100 percent agree with how you style it. That is exactly how I am styling mine right now and will with the moto boots, etc in fall. It really is a great color!! I LOVE yours!!

JE2824

Jan 30, 2014
I have a black boy in the new medium and love it, but I think I will probably end up going with the old medium for this one. Unfortunately, my SA wasn't working today. Hopefully tomorrow she can send me some pictures..if they have any available. /crossing fingers! JE2824 is the one who made me fall in love with the color too, and I have so many shoes that would match perfectly, I must have! lol
Hopeach, let me know if you have problems locating one. I have several SA that I can ask as well. I hope we can all be bag brothers!!!:graucho:

Hopeach

Oct 20, 2013
Pittsburgh
Hopeach, let me know if you have problems locating one. I have several SA that I can ask as well. I hope we can all be bag brothers!!!:graucho:

Thank you! I just might end up taking you up on that. First I have to make a choice, getting the light brown boy or getting an LV pallas in black and a Gucci swing tote in black. I'm really torn as I have been wanting the pallas and swing tote since they came out and the light brown boy is a new love, but sooo pretty! I have no other bags that color either, where I do have other mono LV bags and a black LV bag, a black new med boy and a black GST. But it's still one bag vs 2 bags. Maybe I should ask on both the LV and Chanel forum.

I will let you know within the week! I have a feeling I will be getting it..lol