Brown bags

1. I don't have any brown bags (unless you thiink of LV as brown) but my question is can you wear a rich brown bag with everything? I am seriously into coordination - I'm not sure a brown bag will look right to me with much of my wardrobe. I'm very into black and white. I really appreciate any feedback I can get on this.

2. You know this past year I have been very heavily into brown. Depending on the shade that you pick I think that yes it can be worn with lots. Dark brown especially. But honestly i have a ton of brown bags and i wear them with everything. Of course if you are wearing a head-to-toe black outfit brown might not be the best choice but other than that I would think so.

Its the color camel or tan that I find very hard to wear. Brown is easy :biggrin:

3. I was the same way...my shoes, belt and handbag all had to match. I was driving myself crazy, so I looked up "handbag" etiquette. I learned that shoes and belts should match, but a handbag does not. If you notice a lot of the celebrities don't match their bags either....and it looks fine, IMO.

4. Brown can go with a lot of things! :biggrin: The brown chloe paddy is really nice.

5. Im sorry, I dont think black and brown should ever mix unless a key piece is mixed with both to bring the outfit together like say a scarf or tweed blazer.

6. i think a nice medium brown (say a cognac) is totally hot with black. i rock my new brown bag with a black t and jean skirt like constantly and get tons of compliments. it's a really fresh, modern look because we're so used to the never-mix-any-black-and-brown rule. done with the right shade of brown, it's awesome.

7. i guess i would have to see it done right (i'm having a hard time visualizing it)...

8. What about a brown spy?

9. I did a little searching and I found this:
    http://ianrpubs.unl.edu/textiles/g971.htm

I found it interesting where it says that where you carry your handbag accentuates that part of your body.

Could be disasterous! LOL :embarasse

10. bag size does matter, as anyone that has ever seen a very large girl carrying a very small pouchette on her shoulder can attest to - it's all about proportion, as with all clothing decisions.

11. As terrible as it may sound.....and I don't mean to offend any big girls out there.....big girls cannot wear small bags but small girls can wear big bags.
    When you see a large woman with a tiny bag it dosent look right, but you take a small framed girl and give her a huge bag, like a Kooba Lucy for example , then it looks stylish and trendy.

it is all about proportion, but more so if you are large framed.

12. As I big girl, I totally agree with you Iluvbags. When I shop for shoulder bags especially, I rule out bags that have small handle drops, even if they say they are shoulder bags, they really aren't for me. I need a drop of 10 inches at least, preferably 12. It's frustrating sometimes, because one of the reasons I love bags is that I don't have to worry about fit as I do with clothes and shoes, but I've definitely learned the importance of the proper proportion.

13. I am a small woman (5'4", 126 lbs) a too large bag makes me look like a midget - I think small women need proportionate bags or their whole look is thrown off.

14. The Page about bags, and accessories...is out- dated. Due to I just talked to a sales rep who said, bags that are bigger, like me 5'2 with a fendi, can be pulled off. And I have to carry so much...Essentials don't cut it now, I have to be prepared for it all.:lol: But to the post, a dark brown looks good with almost anything. Wearing primary colors, you can pull it off. And look great!!!

15. Looking for one too ;). I'm looking for a brown bag coz it goes with most of the color. Brown is neutral. If you wear a lot of white and black, your brown bag will definitely stand out, and accentuate your outfit. Just a thought.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice