Which one would you prefer?

• Chanel Small BA Caramel

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • Dior Bobby Tan

Votes: 28 43.8%

• Total voters

jojoba25

Jul 25, 2020
Hello guys been thinking to add a brown bag to my collection and i’ve been debating which one to get the 21P Caramel Small BA vs Dior Bobby Tan in Medium. Thinking to get something classic, durable and of course chic... which one would you prefer and why? And if one day i am no longer in love with both of them which one will have better resell value? Thank you

4550F2B6-1652-43B6-8241-0D75912097E8.jpeg637333EF-3D08-4DD1-9ECE-3B69CA239540.jpeg

Cheers :lol:

I love both. I actually like the Bobby more but I voted for the chanel because you asked which has better resale. Chanel has better resale than Dior based on the preloved market.
With dior, it's always hard to tell if the bag will fall out of trend quickly. I loved the diorama but im so glad i didn't get it while it was the IT bag because it's lost it's appeal and trend. The resale is horrible on it. The Bobby is brand new . I love the look of it now but that's the trend right now. The only dior I would get is the lady dior because it's a classic and has never fallen off trend.
Usually I say get what you love. If I had endless $$ but could only choose one right now without thinking about resale value, I'd choose Bobby even though I looooovvveee chanel. But if you factor resale and how dior bags( other than the lady dior) fall out of trend, I would choose chanel.

I am sorry I bias because I have the Bobby in this specific color so I choose Dior . It’s one the best caramel I ever seen for a long time, . I haven’t seen the Chanel caramel 21P irl, so I can’t judge which color is better. Style wise I love Bobby more than business affinity . Just because it’s clean and chic . The strap also adjustable for Dior . That’s a big deal for me . The BA Chanel strap is non adjustable, if I remember, it’s quite long. I agree Dior resell value is not great but if you just want to enjoy the bag and don’t care to sell it back , that shouldn’t bother you.

Chanel 100%. The Bobby is so high profile that it'll go out of style as quickly as it came in. Dior bags also have crazy high turnover in terms of styles that get discontinued, so unless you are one of those people who buy dozens of bags a year and don't really care about longevity, it's not a good use of money in the long run.

You mentioned you wanted something classic - neither are true classics but Chanel will stand the test of time better, and I mean in a year it'll still look classic.

This is a tough one. Normally, I vote Chanel when that’s an option. I’m not a BA fan though, and I do love the way the Bobby looks. While neither are “classics”, the Bobby will have a shorter life if it goes the way of other Dior styles (ie: Diorama), as you mentioned. If you don’t plan to sell, at some point, go with whichever one really grabs you! I don’t think we need to be beholden to what’s on trend - if you love a bag, go for it!

Thank you guys for all your helpful insight... after much consideration regarding availability and price increase i ended up pre-ordering the 21p caramel mini rectangle:giggle: as this colour is seasonal and i’m thinking i could get the Bobby later if it’s still stuck on my mind.

Initially i choose the BA due to the durability of caviar leather, but seeing this caramel in lambskin is just irresistible. The size and smoothness reminds me of a box of milk chocolate. Never imagined my first chanel would be in lambskin though, hope that i made the right choice

Cheers:biggrin:

60F56E2B-EFBE-43F5-AD58-CE48618493A9.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you guys for all your helpful insight... after much consideration regarding availability and price increase i ended up pre-ordering the 21p caramel mini rectangle:giggle: as this colour is seasonal and i’m thinking i could get the Bobby later if it’s still stuck on my mind.

Initially i choose the BA due to the durability of caviar leather, but seeing this caramel in lambskin is just irresistible. The size and smoothness reminds me of a box of milk chocolate. Never imagined my first chanel would be in lambskin though, hope that i made the right choice

Cheers:biggrin:

Beautiful choice!

Gorgeous!!!!!! You won't regret this one and it'll stand the test of time. Honestly, lambskin isn't as delicate as people think it is. The smaller the bag, the more durable. My mini and woc lambskin have taken a beating and they both look amazing. My m/l lamskin, has more noticable wear and I have to baby her.

Last edited: