Brought down a faker, now feeling remorse!

Stevie Lover

Stevie will be mine!
Jan 28, 2007
Someone advertised a Fendi spy bag on my work e-board, I took a look at it and thought it was a fake (the swinging orange tag gave it away) but to be sure I got it authenticated in the Fendi forum.

Surprise surprise it was a fake - I emailed the seller back and said that I couldn't justify spending that much money on a fake. I then emailed the administrator of the e-board and told him it was a fake, and that it is illegal to sell fakes. He pulled the advert and contacted the seller. Now I'm feeling really bad :sad:

I work at a university and so know that the seller (a student) could really use the money from selling the bag, but similarly I didn't want another student wasting precious money on buying something so fake :Push:

*sigh* I feel bad.

I agree you did the right thing. Being a poor student is not an excuse to do something illegal, and the student who might have purchased the bag would have been hurt had you not done what you did.

I understand how you feel. I would be feeling guilty myself. I know we tend to take a hard stance on fake bags because we spend so much of our money on the real thing, but I do feel bad for the student. Perhaps they didn't know it was fake and they were the original victim? I would have given the student a chance to remove the listing. Then, they could at least feel good knowing that they did the right thing. If they didn't remove it, I would have contacted the administrator.

I don't want to make you feel like you did the wrong thing, because the fact that you feel bad means we think the same way. Also, I am clearly a minority on this particular issue. I'm kind of tough minded on many issues, but I truly feel bad for people that may not have been born with the opportunities that many of us wrere given. I'm a complete sucker in circumstances like this. :rolleyes: In any case, it's done and you can feel good knowing that someone else didn't end up being another victim.:balloon:

I'll repeat what was said earlier- selling counterfeits is against the law, try not to be upset, you may have done the seller a favor in the long run.