Brooks Brothers for the socialite?

1. I was really curious as to the reaction of the recent items that Brooks brothers are selling, a lot of which seem very upscale. Not to say that Brooks Brothers isn't upscale, because I love their classic men's items, but their womens items look like they're aiming at a day-to-night effect, not just conservative office apparel. Have a look:
    [​IMG]Cashmere sweater set: $98
    [​IMG]Leather coat: $698
    [​IMG]Alligator bag: $4500
    [​IMG]Mink wrap: $1298

2. I think the bread and butter of Brooks Brothers for women is still their work appropriate clothes. But I do like the alligator purse.

3. It still looks pretty conservative to me (ie not very "nighttimeish"). The prices are not bad, given the materials....

4. Perhaps "day-to-evening" wasn't the best term. And I agree, the prices are deffinatly appropriate, but it just seems surprising. My dad has been wearing Brooks Brothers polos since the 60's and I've been in boys suits from there since I was big enough to wear one.

5. I remember like last year or so they had a beaver wrap. So they have been incorporating evening pieces for a little while now.

6. I thought it was fox? Well, anyhow, I remember that too. I saw it in Vogue (albeit an ad)! It made me smile so much. But that was all that I remeber as far as a very upscale piece last year. The only handbags that they had (that I can recall) were their monogram (which, for the better I think, is gone now).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice