Brooke leather

BarbAga

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
I was at the FP store last monday. Has anyone else noticed the change of leather on the newer Brooke. I have the old eggplant color wristlet, and it is a thick smooshy leather. Just an observation. Anyone else??

BarbAga

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
much more thin and not so smooshy to my feel. I wasn't impressed by it compared to the old leather, which I loved.

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I was at the FP store last monday. Has anyone else noticed the change of leather on the newer Brooke. I have the old eggplant color wristlet, and it is a thick smooshy leather. Just an observation. Anyone else??
What is the change BarbAga? I had just talked myself into returning a Brooke I bought a week or so ago at the outlet. I assume it's the "old" leather? Now I'm not so sure....

ScorpionWoman

Going to Funky Town
Feb 5, 2010
Florida
The new brooke is made from regular cowhide while the old version was soft pebbled cowhide. The change in leather is big, but I haven't seen the new version to decide if I like it.

BarbAga

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
The leather is the reason I liked the older Brooke. Anyway this was just a heads up that there is a change in the leather. I don't own the Brooke in the full leather in a bag, only the wristlet. I bought the Large Inlaid one when it came out.

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
That is such a shame! I loooved the old leather, made they'll bring it back once they realize sales go down?

L

lcooper

that is sad! i have a leather brooke wristlet and crossbody and i was thinking about getting my sateen brooke a leather sister! now i'm not so sure about that idea :sad:

ScorpionWoman

Going to Funky Town
Feb 5, 2010
Florida
The new brooke is going to be available in Camel, Melon, Black, and Parchment. It's staying roughly at the same size. I personally like smooth grain better because it is easier to keep clean than pebbled. You'll be able to use the leather cleaner/moisturizer on the new collection, unlike the old collection.

Mar 4, 2009
South Carolina
The new brooke is going to be available in Camel, Melon, Black, and Parchment. It's staying roughly at the same size. I personally like smooth grain better because it is easier to keep clean than pebbled. You'll be able to use the leather cleaner/moisturizer on the new collection, unlike the old collection.
I prefer smooth leather too!