Brooch & Pin Discussion Thread - Show & Share :)

Wow mistikat! I love everything. The sparklies and the bolder/larger pieces. I think my favorite is the green & pink dior, the robert sorrell, and (not surprisingly) the jade one, but I also really love the kissing couple and the dragon(?) with the lightning bolts. How long have you been collecting?

Wow mistikat! I love everything. The sparklies and the bolder/larger pieces. I think my favorite is the green & pink dior, the robert sorrell, and (not surprisingly) the jade one, but I also really love the kissing couple and the dragon(?) with the lightning bolts. How long have you been collecting?

Thank you! I've been collecting since I was a teenager and discovered vintage stores. So... A long time!

Mistikat...you have some absolutely gorgeous brooches!! I'm so wowed by your collection! The variety of styles are wonderful. You're so lucky to have such a collection! They're all sooooo beautiful!

Have very few broaches... Don't wear too often bec they are often too heavy of the light materials I wear

The pearl ones...

looooove! I'm so glad you posted these. The pearl thread and all my acquired jade beads are seducing me to the pearl side. lol I would love to find a jade/pearl brooch like that someday. I'm keeping my feelers out.

At work I'm usually in polos... mostly a heavier cotton blend, but occasionally that nike dri-fit material. I try to wear my brooches on the collar.. the coral & fishies are light, but the Tiffany brooch is heavy. I got to work in A/C one day and wore a nice top and jacket and got to pin it on a lapel and it looks so much better on a jacket than a polo! I got a number of nice compliments, too.

I can't wait until the weather finally turns and cools enough to wear heavier clothing. The heat & humidity have been brutal!

looooove! I'm so glad you posted these. The pearl thread and all my acquired jade beads are seducing me to the pearl side. lol I would love to find a jade/pearl brooch like that someday. I'm keeping my feelers out.

At work I'm usually in polos... mostly a heavier cotton blend, but occasionally that nike dri-fit material. I try to wear my brooches on the collar.. the coral & fishies are light, but the Tiffany brooch is heavy. I got to work in A/C one day and wore a nice top and jacket and got to pin it on a lapel and it looks so much better on a jacket than a polo! I got a number of nice compliments, too.

I can't wait until the weather finally turns and cools enough to wear heavier clothing. The heat & humidity have been brutal!
Yes the humidity has been HORRIBLE and to make matters worse the a/c in our bldg is on the fritz so the air isn't getting cool enough and to top it all off, I'm having the occasional hot flashes...

The other problem I have with broaches was placement, either my purse straps would get tangled, or the sweaters or shawls I'd wear would... Just too much humbug, HENCE my bracelet collection, lol

I couldn't resist!

All the ama ama come swimming to me...

I stumbled across 3 more of the same fun fishy brooches with different colored eyes. Not as nice as my first 2, but the pins still work. I do more strongly think they were plated or washed at some point as the yellow is more pronounced between them all and the backs of the "new" three also look tinged.

My 5 fun fishies... :biggrin:

D601xyI.jpg

2q32uLs.jpg

k9oqb8K.jpg