Bronze Madeline and Bleecker Metallic Hobo

tastangan

O.G.
Oct 14, 2008
I just bought a bronze Madeline and a Bleecker Metallic Woven Pocket Hobo from the outlet. I have read from a few threads that metallic bags have the tendency to flake and peel over time.

Has anybody used these bags for sometime and have any problem with this? Is is advisable to use Apple conditioner and Apple guard on the bags?

The Madeline is for my sister who lives in a hot and humid place. Is that going to be a problem for metallic bags?

Thanks in advance!

I do not have these bags, but I looked at the woven hobo when it was first out. The SAs told me that this leather is made differently than other metallics, so it should wear better than other metallics. I think others on the forum have these bags, so hopefully they will be able to provide info.

I just saw those at the outlet yesterday and both of those bags are beautiful. Great choices! I don't own them so I can't comment on durability, sorry.

Thanks I love the bags too so I don't really want to return them. I sure hope that I get more information about caring for them.

This would be my sister's first Coach bag. I am pretty sure that if the bag starts flaking off, she'll probably swear off Coach after this.

You chose two very gorgeous bags!! The bronze Madeline is gorgeous and I love the style of the woven hobo! I don't own any metallic bags, so I'm just going to bump this thread for you so someone else will see it and hopefully be able to help you. I wouldn't use any Apple on the bags though, as it might remove some of the dye. I would actually call Coach and get some information from them. And of course I'm sure your sister wouldn't have to worry even if she does have a problem w/ her Madeline...if she is unhappy w/ it I'm sure Coach would take care of her. That was very sweet of you to buy your sister such a lovely bag, btw!!

Good luck, I hope someone else can give you better info!

I have the bronze madeline and have had no problems with flaking or ruboff. I think there is something about the metallic that is different from other metallics in the past. With this particular metallic, at the handles (where the rub off would be the most noticable), it blended in with the leather rather nicely! Unfortunately, I can't comment on how it'd hold up in hot and humid weather since I live in CA where it can be hot, but hardly ever humid. I just switched out recently, but was using my Madeline for about a month and a half straight and I was afraid to condition it, so I took my chances. I looked at my purse daily for rub off or flaking. HTH!

I have the bronze madeline and have had no problems with flaking or ruboff. I think there is something about the metallic that is different from other metallics in the past. With this particular metallic, at the handles (where the rub off would be the most noticable), it blended in with the leather rather nicely! Unfortunately, I can't comment on how it'd hold up in hot and humid weather since I live in CA where it can be hot, but hardly ever humid. I just switched out recently, but was using my Madeline for about a month and a half straight and I was afraid to condition it, so I took my chances. I looked at my purse daily for rub off or flaking. HTH!

Thanks for the info. A couple of questions:

1) Does that mean that you had bit of ruboff though it's not very noticeable at the handles?
2) Did it leave a stain on your clothes?
3) Did you use any protector on it?
4) What is HTH ? ;)

I just bought a bronze Madeline and a Bleecker Metallic Woven Pocket Hobo from the outlet. I have read from a few threads that metallic bags have the tendency to flake and peel over time.

Has anybody used these bags for sometime and have any problem with this? Is is advisable to use Apple conditioner and Apple guard on the bags?

The Madeline is for my sister who lives in a hot and humid place. Is that going to be a problem for metallic bags?

Thanks in advance!

I think I may be able to help you about some of your questions.
I also own the Platinum Sophie (made with the same metallic leather that your woven pocket hobo is made of)
I have only owned it a few weeks but do not anticipate any flaking issues with it as it is simply not the same kind of metallic bag that Coach was having prior flaking troubles with.
The 'problem' bags were the ones that were a solid metallic, ours are only semi-metallic (if that makes sense)
The way that the metallic is placed on this bag very randomly I doubt that you would notice if any came off of it.
I think that is specifically why it was made this way.

I live in the hottest and humidest place (South Florida) and have taken mine out numerous times without any issues.
I do not own a metallic Madeline though....
I think that irianei answered your question pretty well though.

There is a thread about Apple products, so you might want to ask your question there.

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/apple-pros-cons-295844.html

(In that thread there is a lot of info on how to order Apple products, what to use it on/what not to use it on, and the promo code right now for a discount is the word "fall")

The platinum leather bags are considered to be 'distinctive leather' (which basically IMO means to handle them more carefully than usual)
On the care card that came inside my Sophie it advises you NOT to use any cleaner or moisturizer on it, just to use a damp cloth to wipe it down.

I am considering spraying my Sophie with the Apple rain/stain guard (when my order arrives)

HTH!

tastangan said:
What is HTH ? ;)

HTH= Hope this helps

I just bought the same metallic hobo and matching wallet - and I agree - it looks semi-metallic and it does not look like it will flake like other metallics. Since I just got it - I guess time will tell.

Thanks for the info. A couple of questions:

1) Does that mean that you had bit of ruboff though it's not very noticeable at the handles?
2) Did it leave a stain on your clothes?
3) Did you use any protector on it?
4) What is HTH ? ;)

1. I haven't noticed any rub off. I pointed out the handles because that's where I'd find rub off the most (I carried it in hand, in crook of arm and on shoulder). Instead, at the handles, the metallic blended into the leather, giving it a more solid metalic look. If you notice, the metallic on the purse varies in terms of "how much of it is on there in one area." Like another poster said, it's not a solid metallic, which is why I think I haven't experienced the rub off.
2. No stains!
3. Nope! I was going to, but I was afraid I'd take away the metallic.
4. Someone else answered this :graucho: