Broken shoe crisis

carolly88

O.G.
Oct 29, 2008
Hi all,
So I get back from spending about 2 months in Asia, and I find that my sister has done the below to my shoe! The heel is totally snapped off :cursing:

Is it possible for someone to fix this?? Does anyone know of any good places in the NYC area? I am so upset about this

TIA!

Attachments

• 0179.jpg
    0179.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 01799.jpg
    01799.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 377
  • 0178.jpg
    0178.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 342
Although I haven't got a solution, I have to say I really feel for you!
I have had similar thing happen to me this weekend - the metal heel on my Youclou has broken out of the shoe :sad: - probably not as bad, but not sure if it's fixable at all...I wonder if it is something about the metal heels, that the shoe can't stand the pressure...

Agh! I'm very sorry this has happened to you!

You can get it fixed, but the repair will not be invisible and not as strurdy as before, so you better make sure that your sister buys you a new pair, or at least a giant cake, ice cream and pays for the fix. I'm afraid I'm not certain what the cobbler will do, but they usually put a screw in there. This has snapped in a bad place though so I hope you find a good cobbler.

I am so sorry for this, you may want to visit one of the Leatherspa locations. I don't know if they can fix it, but me be able to replace both with a matching set of heels.

I agree. I'd take them to the Leather Spa (55th? bet 5/6th) and see what they say. SO sorry this happened!

How did the heel snap, do you know?

there are also some shoe makers in the city who can do major repairs. It can be costly though. There are some listed on nymag.com
Let me know if you ned help finding them.

I agree. I'd take them to the Leather Spa (55th? bet 5/6th) and see what they say. SO sorry this happened!

How did the heel snap, do you know?

there are also some shoe makers in the city who can do major repairs. It can be costly though. There are some listed on nymag.com
Let me know if you ned help finding them.

Or you can go to the one located in the Plaza Retail Shops, it seems to be a little faster with service.

Or you can go to the one located in the Plaza Retail Shops, it seems to be a little faster with service.

Yes I agree....it is faster and there is NEVER a line. I tried to get a scuffed heel fixed at Saks and they wouldn't do it but they told me if something more serious happened, like the heel snapped, they would replace them. So if you bought them at a dept store, that may be worth looking into. Good luck!

oh no!!!

i agree with what others said, if you bought it at a dept store or boutique, it may be worth a try to bring it back and see if they will give you credit or exchange the shoe... i don't know how this happened, but maybe it was a defect in the manufacturing? either way, it can't hurt to try.

otherwise, bringing them to one of the top shoe repair places in NYC will hopefully fix the issue

good luck

Agh! I'm very sorry this has happened to you!

You can get it fixed, but the repair will not be invisible and not as strurdy as before, so you better make sure that your sister buys you a new pair, or at least a giant cake, ice cream and pays for the fix. I'm afraid I'm not certain what the cobbler will do, but they usually put a screw in there. This has snapped in a bad place though so I hope you find a good cobbler.

So sorry that this happened to you and I agree with OP! Sister needs to make up for this, big time!!! :nuts:

Good Luck!!