Broken Hearted Over Broken Louboutin

CSamoylov

O.G.
Oct 15, 2010
I purchased these Pigalle Platos from SFA in BH on 9/19. Today when I was walking out of the post office they snapped!

I contacted CL and they told me to contact Saks. So, I contacted Saks in OC (as I live in SD and there is not a Saks here) and they told me they would not accept a return or could repair them @ my cost. They told me to try the BH location where I contacted them and they basically gave me the run around saying they'd need to see them before they can make any kind of decision. I'm so frustrated because, they won't send a return label which means I have to drive 200 miles to get shoes fixed that really shouldn't have broken in the first place.

Has anyone else had this happen w/Saks &/or Christian Louboutins? Are you better off just paying to have them fixed out of pocket? Thanks.

Attachments

• louboutin.jpeg
    louboutin.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,878
Oh no!! That sucks! How many times have you worn them? If the soles of the shoes are still pretty red, you might have a chance at convincing someone that the heel was defective.

I purchased these Pigalle Platos from SFA in BH on 9/19. Today when I was walking out of the post office they snapped!

I contacted CL and they told me to contact Saks. So, I contacted Saks in OC (as I live in SD and there is not a Saks here) and they told me they would not accept a return or could repair them @ my cost. They told me to try the BH location where I contacted them and they basically gave me the run around saying they'd need to see them before they can make any kind of decision. I'm so frustrated because, they won't send a return label which means I have to drive 200 miles to get shoes fixed that really shouldn't have broken in the first place.

Has anyone else had this happen w/Saks &/or Christian Louboutins? Are you better off just paying to have them fixed out of pocket? Thanks.

I would contact the SA who you purchased the shoes from.

CSamoylov said:

I am so sorry to hear that happened to you! :sad: I hope everything works out. Call saks customer service and raise hell with them. They're usually pretty nice and understanding.

I'm sorry! :sad: I had that happen to my shoes and Saks gave me the same answer. I probably should have pushed them more, but I didn't since more time had passed between time of purchase and the heel snapping in my case.

I ended up having them repaired at Leather Spa and they did an amazing job!

Oh this is so upsetting I'm so sorry for you :sad: it should not have happened so easily, the amount of times I've fallen in heals and they haven't broken and I'm not ashamed to say they only cost up to £40 ( as much as I love cls, if I bought a pair they would be sat in a display cabinet and definitely not on my disgusting feet on the disgusting floor! ) hope it all gets sorted out op :sad: xxx

I would definitely ask them to repair it at their cost. You've had it for less than 6 months and you'd expect shoes of this price level to last longer than that!
I guess I don't get the responses here that SFA should be responsible.....why should SFA or Christian Louboutin be responsible for a snapped heel?....heels are delicate.....and if one takes a step off balance or off angle, they will snap.....it's a fact of life....heels cannot be expected to withstand all know possible forces or infinite forces......I guess it's like saying if I crash my new car into a wall, the car manufacture should be responsible...anyway, don't get it....I understand the frustration.....I have snapped heels in the past, but I don't blame the store that sold them to me or the maker of the shoes.....I blame myself for not being more careful....anyway, sound like I am in the minority here......I don't know if it is even possible to engineer heels that cannot snap......I do know, the higher and the skinner the heel, the more likely they can snap.....

I guess I don't get the responses here that SFA should be responsible.....why should SFA or Christian Louboutin be responsible for a snapped heel?....heels are delicate.....and if one takes a step off balance or off angle, they will snap.....it's a fact of life....heels cannot be expected to withstand all know possible forces or infinite forces......I guess it's like saying if I crash my new car into a wall, the car manufacture should be responsible...anyway, don't get it....I understand the frustration.....I have snapped heels in the past, but I don't blame the store that sold them to me or the maker of the shoes.....I blame myself for not being more careful....anyway, sound like I am in the minority here......I don't know if it is even possible to engineer heels that cannot snap......I do know, the higher and the skinner the heel, the more likely they can snap.....

Well, make us the minority of two. I understand the frustration of a snapped heel. Been there, done that! Never on CLs but other brands. Good shoe repair shops (see the list on this forum that specialize in CLs) can find a way to fix them. It may not be a "free" repair, but at a price that's affordable considering you've already paid serious money for CLs. I'd go that route. That's not to say I wouldn't be broken hearted, but I'd want to get them fixed as quickly as possible.

Well, make us the minority of two. I understand the frustration of a snapped heel. Been there, done that! Never on CLs but other brands. Good shoe repair shops (see the list on this forum that specialize in CLs) can find a way to fix them. It may not be a "free" repair, but at a price that's affordable considering you've already paid serious money for CLs. I'd go that route. That's not to say I wouldn't be broken hearted, but I'd want to get them fixed as quickly as possible.

I get that shoes aren't indestructible - but less than six months of wear and a 120 (not an insanely high heel) snaps in half? That would leave a poor taste in my mouth if "that's to be expected" of CLs.

i also agree that they should replace the shoe.

a little off topic, but a few years ago i had some via spiga boots that i ADORED, and lo and behold the heel snapped after a month or two of wear. the store exchanged them, and it happened AGAIN! thankfully, i keep my receipts and they gave me a full refund because by then boot season was over and there were no more in that style to replace mine with. i mentioned this to a friend of mine who is in shoe sales at a local department store, she asked me if the interior of the heel where it broke off was white. i said yes, and she said that was indicative of shoes made in china. . . but looking at your picture, this surely isn't necessarily true - because aren't cl's italian made?