Broken cinch strap on Neverfull GM DE

noahhoke

Dec 15, 2017
6BB33DBA-2B78-49B1-B02D-2B96EFDDB329.jpeg Hello all.

I hate to be even posting about this, but I was walking through the doorway my school today, the cinch strap got caught on the door handle, and snapped it in half. Will LV fix it? If so, how much? Has anyone had this happen before? I'm sincerely disappointed that this happened, and just plain old pi$$ed off that the customer service could give me no information on how much it would cost. It's a simple strap replacement!! It's not even the handle! Their customer support is useless. The closest boutique is 3 hours away in Manhattan, and I don't have time to go driving around to fix my bag. I've had the bag for five months!!!! Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. Help!

View attachment 4076558 Hello all.

I hate to be even posting about this, but I was walking through the doorway my school today, the cinch strap got caught on the door handle, and snapped it in half. Will LV fix it? If so, how much? Has anyone had this happen before? I'm sincerely disappointed that this happened, and just plain old pi$$ed off that the customer service could give me no information on how much it would cost. It's a simple strap replacement!! It's not even the handle! Their customer support is useless. The closest boutique is 3 hours away in Manhattan, and I don't have time to go driving around to fix my bag. I've had the bag for five months!!!! Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. Help!
And, I just bought myself a Cartier Love Bracelet to match my ring (as seen), so I don't have the money to go repairing bags or even buying a new one at this point. Hopefully next month I'll be in a bit better shape.

Puzzling that you could afford thousands of dollars for Cartier but not 100 bucks for a repair...? Strange math.
Right? Strange. Let me explain my "strange math" to you. For big purchases, I save up. I didn't get a quote on the repair, but I've been reading that it can be well over $100. I still have previous commitments that I have to pay for (car insurance, gas, phone bill, etc.) so at this current moment in time, repairing my bag is at the bottom of the list. I am so, so, sorry that the fact I don't just have money to blow on things left and right puzzles you. I appreciate each purchase I make. I don't go around buying this, that and the other. How I run my finances shouldn't be questioned by anyone else but myself.

Puzzling that you could afford thousands of dollars for Cartier but not 100 bucks for a repair...? Strange math.
My point in saying that was I spent a good amount of money on the Cartier, and of course, life throws me a curve ball and this happens right as I make a big purchase.

If you are looking for a quick and dirty fix while you save for a LV repair - take it to a cobbler/shoe repair shop or a tailor who works on leather. They can put a couple of stitches in the leather. Are you in upstate NY?

Reactions: BagAddiction712
If you are looking for a quick and dirty fix while you save for a LV repair - take it to a cobbler/shoe repair shop or a tailor who works on leather. They can put a couple of stitches in the leather. Are you in upstate NY?
My mother was mentioning that. I am in Upstate New York, Clifton Park to be exact.

To be honest, the strap looks like it was cut. I would have expected the stitches to let go before the leather snapped. Good luck with your repair!
I was thinking the same thing. The bag was on my shoulder, but pushed behind me a little bit so I wish I could've seen what exactly happened. All I knew was that I felt a tug, and then something just gave. Thank you for the good luck wishes! :smile:

First and foremost do not take it elsewhere as others have mentioned. If you do, LV will never repair your bag again. Having others work on your bag “voids” LV repairs (and although most are at a charge there are still some that are complimentary on a case by case basis) I believe the price for this repair is around $60-90 definitely not exceeding $90.

First and foremost do not take it elsewhere as others have mentioned. If you do, LV will never repair your bag again. Having others work on your bag “voids” LV repairs (and although most are at a charge there are still some that are complimentary on a case by case basis) I believe the price for this repair is around $60-90 definitely not exceeding $90.
The strap will need to be replaced. This is something that LV will do even if there is a temporary "fix" done to the piece of leather.

• Insightful
Reactions: Sferics
The strap will need to be replaced. This is something that LV will do even if there is a temporary "fix" done to the piece of leather.
Your absolutely right. The structure of the bag isn't messed with. The whole side strap will eventually have to be taken off and discarded regardless. The quick fix will not keep you from having the side pieces replaced in the future.