Official Britney thread

I always shake my head when I hear of these women -- celebrities and other 'regular' folk I really know -- who meet their husbands when their husbands are married to other women or whose husbands were sh*tty in earlier relationships who are then shocked, SHOCKED when the same thing happens to them. I know we all think we can change them but we can't.....

Well the bra is back on and it's up to $55,000!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Britney-Spears-...ryZ63853QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And the company that she chose to resell her stuff has a terrible feedback rating 88.4% (in eBay terms that is really really bad). Over 16,000 ebay members have left this seller negative feedback.

I also hope this company isn't taking a significant cut from the auction proceeds and is hosting these auctions for free. Usually when you hire a company to sell an item for you on ebay they take a significant cut (20-30%). It's not that hard to set up an ebay auction, answer questions from bidders (although, these auctions will probably get a lot of mail), and then ship the item out. I actually find it hard to believe that people would pay companies like isoldit to sell their stuff.

She could have had a personal assistant or one of her entourage handle this and then more money would have gotten to the charity. But don't try to explain math to Britney.

The bra... is it the one that Victoria's Secret made? I remember seeing one down in Miami a few years back (they told me only like 10 were made altogether or something) and I couldn't image that thing on my body. It would hurt way too bad.

About the flip flops... seriously... I have to ask again- if you ACTUALLY won that auction, what on earth would you do with those things? Would you put it in your China cabinet next to your crystal and Royal Doultons- cause you sure as heck know you spent that much on those wart infested, athlete's foot shoes?!?! :wacko:

The only person I feel bad for here is the baby. Britney was just looking for a man who would be good in bed, and Kevin wanted a singing and better dancing career?!, but now there is a helpless child involved. Poor little guy

lexigirl16 said:
I know we all think we can change them but we can't..... :oh:

AMEN to that! The truth can free you, but it will make you miserable first!
:amazed:

That being said, don't think I don't still make the effort to 'chip away' at things with my husband! And we've been married for 15 years next week! As much as I can't change him, I also can't just give up!

Megs said:
15 years!!!! Wow congrats Issmom! Do you have anything planned for your anniversary??

Yes and no. We have a sitter for next week and dinner plans. Months ago, we had said we should do something really special like a weekend away, but that never materialized (we do vacation without the kids once a year). We have two kids and the early Fall is bananas with the start of school (my little one just started kindergarten), parents meetings, the Jewish holidays. Planning to go out for just one night is a major accomplishment!

But my curiosity is piqued....we never give gifts for our anniversary. Just a tradition of cards and flowers. The idea was that our real gift was each other (yeah, I know....awwwww). But my husband has been visiting jewelry stores a lot and asking me my opinion of catalogs that have been coming in. He insists he's planning early for Chanukah (and after 15 years I'm not too likely to believe that!) so we'll see if he's 'breaking the rules'. Not that I would object.

^^ AWW!! haha I know that was expected! When men surprise women it is probably one of the cutest things ever! I can always think of the cutest things but I want Vlad to think of them instead of me! ;)

As for the kids and the hectic life, I know how that is. My mom always was so busy with all 4 of us, she didn't have time for anything. At one point, we were in 4 different schools, so she was a mad woman going around town! I hpe your kids are doing good back in school-- and the kindergartener-- how cute!! :P

Well, the bra has been pulled, AGAIN!!!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oops! ... It happened again. Britney Spears' jewel-encrusted bra has been removed for a second time from Internet auction site eBay -- this time by the pop singer herself.

The bra was one of dozens of wardrobe items and other personal belongings that Spears put up for bid on eBay to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina, and bidding on the bejeweled undergarment had surpassed $60,000 before it was withdrawn on Saturday, eBay spokesman Hani Durzy said on Monday.

In a message posted on her official Web site, Spears, 23, told fans she was "concerned that some of you might be confusing this bra with something that it's not."

The message says eBay accurately described the bra as having been worn by Spears during a promotion for an HBO concert special, but "it is not the one I wore onstage during the 'Baby One More Time' performance."'

"I feel the correct thing to do is remove this item from the auction because I don't want any of you to feel misled," she wrote. Spears did not explain how the confusion might have arisen.

Earlier during the auction, an eBay staffer had pulled the bra from the site after deciding that it violated company policy that bars listings for used underwear. But eBay executives later reversed the decision on grounds that the bra was really a piece of entertainment memorabilia, Durzy said.

Spears, who recently became a mother, has sold more than 60 million albums since she shot to fame in the late 1990s with her 1999 debut album "... Baby One More Time" and its hit title track, becoming a worldwide phenomenon at age 15.

With the subsequent albums "Oops! ... I Did It Again" and "Britney," Spears became the first female performer in the history of Billboard magazine to have her first three albums open at No. 1 on the U.S. pop charts.

"In a message posted on her official Web site, Spears, 23, told fans she was "concerned that some of you might be confusing this bra with something that it's not.""

Yeah...LOL...Whatever! :suspiciou

kojiko said:
"In a message posted on her official Web site, Spears, 23, told fans she was "concerned that some of you might be confusing this bra with something that it's not.""

Yeah...LOL...Whatever! :suspiciou

Actually, I think she was suprised how much the bra was selling for and maybe wanted to hold on to it so she could sell it later, just in case Kfed falls behind on his child support payments to his other baby's momma.

Since she pulled the auction, I hope she makes an equivalent donation.