Official Britney thread

Awww can't we cut Britney some slack? I mean we all know her judgement on life and accessories have been very poor lately...but she is going through a hard time of her life. Shes become a single mother, her husband cheated on her when she was pregnant. I don't think any woman could handle all this stress very well, even if she is a multimillionare. Plus, every detail of her life is being watched worldwide and her private affairs being made public worldwide. At least she wears underwear now. Just my two cents...

The Webmaster of one of the biggest Britney Spears fan sites -- WorldofBritney.com -- is closing up shop because he thinks the mother-of-two is "unfortunately done." Too many nasty paparazzi shots of Brit-Brit baby factory perhaps?

December 27th, 2006. Los Angeles, CA.​

As Britney keeps losing her identity and credibility within fans and industry people, so is WoB. We're moving on to greater, bigger things. I would therefore like to announce the permanent shut down of World of Britney.com beginning January 31st, 2007. As WoB closes, Carolina and I will be launching a brand new state of the art Celebrity Blog.​

The new site will be 100% Web 2.0 compliant featuring widgets, live search, communities, the ability to send in cool videos through your cell phone and so on. It's something I've been silently working on for the past 3 months, and with 7 years of experience as a successful webmaster, I think 2007 will be a huge year for this new site (which I won't mention the name of yet but, you'll be like 'Ohhhhhh'...)​

No worries though, Britney will still be covered and our relationship with her people, Larry etc....will remain intact. I'm also going to use the new blog to educate people about the entertainment industry, get people into making short films, have competitions, etc....​

The point is to combine what everyone else is doing at the moment with all their celebrity blogs into one place.​

I think that WoB has had its run.......its feet are not holding firm anymore, not because of my ability to run it, but because I believe Britney is unfortunately done (for me at least). No matter what anyone thinks or how they may disagree, it's very hard to maintain the respect needed to keep things going, so in turn, I'm trying to be a step ahead of it, and yes, for those of you laughing and remembering what happened in March of 2002, this time, it will be for good :smile: WoB will continue to provide its daily updates to fans up until it's time to say goodbye. We look forward to continuing to report news on Britney, it just won't be exclusive about her anymore. Thanks for your attention and a BIG THANK YOU to all of you who have been visiting the site since the beginning and supported WoB through it all ! It's been a total blast.​

All my best,​

Ruben Garay​

Webmaster & Founder​

World of Britney.com​

Wow thats rough. They should send a copy of that directly to britney!!! Maybe it would motivate her to get her @ss back in gear and get her life together. I was a fan of britney but I dont know what has happened to her. Ever since fedex she went down hill.