Britney in labor....a work of art?

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
jade109 said:
Why is she in THAT position to give birth?!?!?!
a lot of people do it that way if they give birth at home naturally beause supossidly it's more comfortable, or if the baby has moved a certain way. My friend had to give birth that way becuase the baby turned face down at the last minute.

Cal

Bum Chum
Jan 27, 2006
jade109 said:
Why is she in THAT position to give birth?!?!?!
I gave birth to both my kids like that. Although my upper body was up higher. Yeah, I know, Gross. Anyway it actually opens up the birth canal by about 20% so there more room for the bub. Labor can be much easier in this position - unfortunately you can't birth like this if you've had an epi. Laying on your back during birth compresses everything and is a very unnatural position for birthing. Being on your hands and knees also allows for rocking which is a fantastic way to handle contractions. Also, gravity assists and you can really bear down for pushing. Feel sorry for the OBGYN who had my butt in her face though.

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
I guess to the artist, this is a piece of art. To me it is a hoax- she had a c-section.

As for the whole epi talk... when I do give birth I plan on doing it natural (I may be crazy). My mom did with all 4 of us and I was the smallest of the 4 babies- weighing in at 9lbs 6 oz! HAHA... my poor mother!!

peacocky

Flaunt your Fringe
Dec 7, 2005
Megs said:
I guess to the artist, this is a piece of art. To me it is a hoax- she had a c-section.

As for the whole epi talk... when I do give birth I plan on doing it natural (I may be crazy). My mom did with all 4 of us and I was the smallest of the 4 babies- weighing in at 9lbs 6 oz! HAHA... my poor mother!!

Just pray you don't have to have an epiziotomy (sp?) :lol:

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
From what I understand, the artist is spoofing. It's not a serious homage, but rather a kind of sendup of the whole madonna/whore dichotomy. Still comes off as misogynistic to me, though.

Muse

Apr 1, 2006
BagLovingMom said:
Exactly! the Brit said she was too scared to go through childbirth so elected for a C-section. On all fours grunting in pain my a**!
SHAME! When I read that I thought to myself,"This is so untrue," she posted on her webpage that she had a c-section. You know what guys, she's come to the realization that she's ruined her career and self image and now she's willing to do or say anything to give herself some credibility.:sick: