Britney in labor....a work of art?

Kellybag

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
I read a lot about this...She knew nothing about this. The artist studied all kinds of photos of her and decided to create this piece of art. He hopes that she will attend his opening. This was a smart move on his part...look at all the press he is getting and all the buzz from people talking. Smart move! His name is getting out there and she had nothing to do with it.

ilzabet

easily amused
Mar 11, 2006
am i the only one that thinks this is very bizarre and totally demoralizing? not to mention a huge violation... :suspiciou

if i was her i would be so upset on so many levels. yikes.

i would be able to appreciate this as an art piece if he hadn't taken someone's likeness without consent. sure she's a popstar, celebrity is image, yadayadayada, but yeesh. there has to be a line *somewhere*...i think this might be it. :biggrin:

fendigal

baguette collector
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
What is art to some is completely sick or ugly to others. Personally, I think the man is just capitalizing off of someone else's fame.
What I will never get is what she sees in Kevin Federline!

Feb 26, 2006
BagLovingMom said:
Exactly! the Brit said she was too scared to go through childbirth so elected for a C-section. On all fours grunting in pain my a**!
I am surprised any good doctor would perform a C-section on a woman just because she's "scared" to give birth the traditional way. Geez, if you're too chicken to give birth, why get pregnant? :weird:

Dec 6, 2005
ArmCandyLuvr said:
I am surprised any good doctor would perform a C-section on a woman just because she's "scared" to give birth the traditional way. Geez, if you're too chicken to give birth, why get pregnant? :weird:

Yes my Dad is an OBGYN and he says that so many other Docs are caving into their patients fears and doing Csections even though there's no true medical necessity, it's not good medicine. I personally think that the Celeb factor may hava something to do with it too, at least in H'wood

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
ayla said:
So by saying it's a monument to pro-life, aren't they just kind of borrowing her image to promote a cause ? I'm not sure how I feel about the statue, seems like it's trying to sell its cause.

i think they mean it fascetiously, like their baby obviously has no chance at being a normal, functional human being and THIS is what we get when we encourage childbirth.