british gals... what do you think about paul smith bags?

1. i always think they are kinda funky. but i would like to know more about them. as in durability, etc.

2. Can't say I use his bags, but I love his clothes & they are fabulous! Also DH wears his clothes & uses his accessories & swears by them.

Paul Smith was trained as tailor, not a fashion designer so generally his range is of the highest quality. I wouoldn't think twice about getting them based on quality.

3. not a British gal--yet!--but I love Paul Smith!
    don't have a bag but love the clothes--if you're interested maybe you could get one on sale and let us know?
    [​IMG]

it looks like vanilla_addict also bought her SO a Paul Smith wallet so maybe PM her?

4. I always think Paul Smith is funky, I especially like their signature stripe or floral pattern shirts (for men). If you go for Paul Smith you go for these, unfortunately they don't have a bag in a shape I want.

As for durability, they must be pretty good because they are made in Italy (I'm pretty sure on this, at least I'm 100% certain on their shirts.

5. I'm not British, but I love his swirl print! So colorful! Kind of reminds me of Pucci.

6. Love Paul Smith bags - I was eyeing up one in Liberty sales the other day ( bought a Mulberry Araline in the end!) It was the satchel style in his signature multi-coloured swirl print, it looks easy to carry, get into and very hard wearing. I think the swirl print is beautiful, classic and indicates you are carrying a Paul Smith without the need for big flashy logos. If I was rich I would have bought it along with the Mulberry!

7. i want the swirl too.
    but i dont know where i can get it. eluxury only has 1 and i donnt really like it

8. i wanted this side pack thing by him, and an hour later they were out of stock :sad:

9. Ah yes the Mini - another very British icon! Love that bag!

10. I've been in love with the Paul Smith swirl print for years (I have some shoes and scarves). I've found that I don't like the leather he uses in his bags, however. Every swirl print leather I've picked up is very heavy and muted. I would expect a more supple, less casual leather, but have never found one.

11. I don't own one but quite like the swirl print he uses. I also love teh quirky window displays he always has in his Floral Street store in Covent Garden.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice