Britax Boulevard vs. Advocate

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. DD is still in her infant seat; however, we only have a base installed in my car. Since we will be buying two convertible seats for DH's car and my car, we thought we would go ahead and buy one now for DH's car and then wait until DD is out of her infant seat to buy the other. (Obviously, we will keep it rear-facing).

DH drives a Tahoe with bucket seats in the back. Should I pick a certain type of seat that has more side protections since she will be unable to be in the middle?

Should I get a different type since I can install a seat in my car in the middle? For reference, I have a BMW x5, a midsize SUV.

I am leaning towards the Britax Boulevard or the Advocate but am not sure which one I want to go with. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. We have 2 Boulevards for our cars. Not the most economical convertibles out there, but they are great seats. Very well-designed and comfortable.

The side supports keep your child from moving excessively in the event of a side-impact crash, and I'd imagine are suitable whether in a bucket seat on either side of a car or in the middle of a bench seat in the back.

The seats are large, though, and if placed in the middle rearward-facing, you may have to get used to changing how you look behind your shoulders when backing out, changing lanes, etc.

3. Our boulevard should be arriving today! I've been wanting this seat for a while, and we've tried it out at the store. Our son seemed to like it- he totally HATES his Peg Perego Viaggio Sip 30/30 infant bucket seat. It's an awful ordeal whenever we get in the car, so we finally caved and purchased the convertible early. Hopefully he won't wail/struggle/arch his back to try and get out of this one :sad:

I have a Lexus rx350 so its similar in size to your x5. I'm going to ask my husband to install it the seat in the car tonight & hopefully I can come back on here and post a review for you soon!

4. Hello all, I know that this post is back in February. But I'm wondering if any of you have installed the Boulevard yet and if you guys mind sharing feedbacks on this carseat.
    I'm thinking of buying the Boulevard for my car. DS has been in the convertible (Evenflo Triumph or something like that) since he was about 6 months old because he's generally a big baby (almost 10 lbs when he was born). I'm not sure about the weight limit on his current carseat. Evenflo is not a very comfortable seat. It doesn't have wing and he fights the carseat everytime he's put in it. So I'm thinking of getting the boulevard especially since it's on SALE now.

Is the boulevard better than the advocate? Is CS better than the regular?

Thank you for your input.

5. ^^ Just FYI- Britax is coming out with new carseats this month...I think they'll be ready for sale in August? Biggest improvements are 70lb limit FF and 40lb RF and 360 degree protection.

6. We have 2 boulevards - one is CS, one is standard.
    Personally, I do not think CS is "better," than standard. It's easy to see on either if the straps are tight enough on our daughter.

Also, depending on your DS's age, unless you know he is uncomfortable in his seat, a different seat may not address him not wanting to get into the car.