Brique (VL) vs. potiron?!

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
It seems as if the color brique varies a lot depending on the leather and that brique VL is the most "orange". How does this colour compare to potiron (togo or clemence)? Is it more red? I would very much appreciate a side by side comparison picture.

I think VL is the absolute best skin for brique -- just beautiful. I have no comparison photos, but if memory serves me, brique has more brown in it that potiron.

brique is really like a brick stone a combination of red and orangey brown while potiron is basically what it says a pumpkin color aka a orange with a lot of brown in it. to me they are reallly different

Brique in VL is like burnt orange. I was very surprised to see how brique in other leather (like togo) look so different!! Brique in togo looked completely different color from in VL. Brique in togo looked like brown mixed with red vs. burn orange in VL

Here is a picture of Brique in VL and potiron in box. These leathers are not close at all, but the potiron color is definitely more "orange". Brique in VL is a great color and can be your non orange/orange bag.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• briqueaction 003.jpg
    briqueaction 003.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,906
  • P3230105_5.jpg
    P3230105_5.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,861
I no longer have my comparison pictures of both side by side on my computer, but I can tell you that they are extremely different.

Brique VL is more of a reddish toned brown/orange, very much like a terracotta planter. Potiron in almost every leather is more of a pumpkin color: more on the orange side, yet muted with some brownish tones.

Both are beautiful colors, but they are so different, you can really justify owning both!
If you're trying to choose between the two however, you'll have a tougher time......;)

I had a chance to see Brique VL in real life (see our latest singapore tpf gathering photos). It reminded me of TOD's famous orange colour. Potiron has more orange vs Brique which looked like it had a nice red undertone.

kashmira:flowers:, all the colour comparisons aside ... I am going to come right out to say I recommend Brique VL for you! It's not easy to find one but grab or order one when you have a chance! (PS: it's the most expensive non-exotic skin)

I have Brique in epsom ... very beautiful... will post pics when I use another computer!

mrssparkles... as you mentioned, is Brique a rare or seasonal color? or is the combination of Brique and VL hard to find? THX!

kashmira:flowers:, all the colour comparisons aside ... I am going to come right out to say I recommend Brique VL for you! It's not easy to find one but grab or order one when you have a chance! (PS: it's the most expensive non-exotic skin)

Thanks mrssparkles:heart:. I think I saw a Birkin in Singapore in brique (togo or clemence) carried by a lady and that was no colour for me but in VL it seems to be totally different! Can VL still be ordered? I think I read somewhere on tPF that it was replaced by vache trekking. Well, I still hope to find a potiron Kelly but it is great to know that brique VL might be a good alternative!

In my previous post I forgot to add that the brique Birkin on the picture from the last tPF meet in Singapore looked amazing!

Here's another comparison picture for you..........32 Potiron Chevre de Cormondel..........Potiron is gorgeous in this leather!

Attachments

• DSC05611.JPG
    DSC05611.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 1,008